Search results

1. D

Comment by 'DDA' in media '212 in a FOX'

where did you get the tires?
  2. D

1974 sundowner

Looking for two part and can't find a perfect match but if there is a cross reference I would be grateful. Almost done with restoration of my Sax 1974 sundowner and in need of these bearings and what would be a good place to buy the tubed tires that went with this bike, numbers below Thank...
  3. D

Minibike Repair Jersey Shore

Looking to have 1974 Sundowner with sachs 2-stroke engine gone through and repair brake cables, throttle and cables, gas shut off valve and other items leaking. Anyone know of a good shop or individual in the Jersey shore area. thanks DDA
  4. D

Special Thank You to Eric (CarPlay LB)

I know this is 2 years old but Eric if your out there I need the same decals as well as the one on top of the tank with the gas mixture. Thanks.
  5. D

Reproduction Saxonette Recoils! Arctic Cat, Fox, Colman, and more...

Do you have the link? I have been on the site for hours today and cant find one. thanks.
  6. D

Reproduction Saxonette Recoils! Arctic Cat, Fox, Colman, and more...

You wouldn't happen to be interested in selling the sundowner if you still have it?
  7. D

Wanted 1970's Sundowner

Looking for finished Sundowner from circa 1974-75 sold at the Grants department store. I am based in NJ. The best version of what I found on the net was posted on this site by Mark G in 2009 pictured here. I dont recall the white sticker on top of the tank or the bare chrome handles but that was...
  8. D

Wanted early to mid 70's Sundowner

Thanks Mark, If you come across one feel free to send my way. I bought a Vespa a few years back and love it now I want to have something from my childhood. I am afraid I will then move onto the dirt bikes I had and then no more room in the garage. DDA
  9. D

J - These are really nice!! DDA
  10. D

Thanks, Lizardking was kind enough to help me out. BTW, great site.
  11. D

Wow, I would take in a second. Probably cost more to ship. I saw one on a site which looked like an auction but I couldn't contact anyone. it was $1500 done. would have bought it right then. I'm pouring through this site now to try and get educated. You have been great.
  12. D

Sundowner Rear axle and brake setup

World. I am new and see you are working on a sundowner. Hard to tell the year but do you build to sell and do you have more pics? My locale is NJ
  13. D

Great machine, what year is it. I don't recall the rectangular tank. How did you get started finding the basic frame, etc. Maybe it a project for me as well.
  14. D

Looking to buy Sundowner

Would love to see pics. It was so much fun as a kid and may just want to buy one and store it away. I am in NJ, are you close?
  15. D

Looking to buy Sundowner

I am in New Jersey, thanks for the help. I saw one and it brought back so many great memories of me and my dad.
  16. D

Was browsing pics and saw my Sundowner bought from Grants department store in either 1974 or 1975. Had the front headlight, black seat and orange gas tank. I think the engine was a sachs but not 100% sure. If anyone has one feel free to reach out. Thanks
  17. D

Looking to buy Sundowner

Thanks a bunch first time user.
  18. D

Looking to buy Sundowner

Was browsing pics and saw my Sundowner bought from Grants department store in either 1974 or 1975. Had the front headlight, black seat and orange gas tank. I think the engine was a sachs but not 100% sure. If anyone has one feel free to reach out. Thanks