Search results

1. Tanshanomi

Calibrating an inductive tachometer

I just installed a Runleader RL-HM032C tach on my bike. It's a fairly generic battery-operated inductive digital tach of the type you find all over Amazon and Ebay. The revs seem to be reading unrealistically high. I'd like to know if anybody has any tips for getting this to read correctly. I...
  2. Tanshanomi

Tecumseh TC300 2HP 2-stroke: How should I use it?

I've picked up a little NOS Tecumseh two-stroke off Ebay for $80, shipped. The TC Series, being 2-cycle, could be run in any orientation, but the version I bought is fortunately already set up as a horizontal shaft. It's only 2 horsepower, but for the price I thought it would be fun to play...
  3. Tanshanomi

European 230V plug-in starter for GX/Clones [Predator?] - yours for the cost of shipping

A new LCT 208 "Storm Force" snowblower engine I bought off Ebay came with this Euro plug-in starter installed. I don't know if anybody here has any use for such an odd thing, but I certainly don't. Anybody is welcome to it for the cost of shipping. Hey, I dunno — maybe somebody "over there" has...
  4. Tanshanomi

Bride of Frankenstein - a cure for leftover parts cluttering the workshop.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and though I've been building motorcycles for many years, I've never had a CVT-equipped bike. Well, that's finally changing. Since my knowledge of industrial engines and torque converters is less than diddly, I've recently spent a bunch of hours online, educating myself...