Search results

1. Ravenite

Mini Bikes in your house?

One of life's great mysteries
  2. Ravenite

Mini Bikes in your house?

About 10 years ago I brought a woman home after a night of hard drinking. When she came downstairs in the morning, she asked "why do you have motorcycles in your living room?". I proceeded to start one (CR250's sound best indoors), she got mad and later told her dad about it. He said "you better...
  3. Ravenite

Detroit Area Show

Jackson here, always looking for minibike events. I'll bring some bikes to the fairgrounds show for sure.
  4. Ravenite

This bike was given to a friend of mine yesterday.

All I know about it is it was built in 2001 by a guy in Michigan named Joe Walmsley and painted by Christy Chrysler. Can you guys tell me anything about it?
  5. Ravenite

Has anyone tried to fit a 3D Motorsports manual clutch to a GTC jackshaft plate?

The problem I'm facing is the thickness of the plate being too close to the drive sprocket. Am I ok to use a spacer or am I better off milling the plate down?
  6. Ravenite

Has anyone tried to fit a 3D Motorsports manual clutch to a GTC jackshaft plate?

I'm going to have to modify the plate but I'm worried about sprocket and chain clearance.
  7. Ravenite

Wiseco Piston Question?

It did not. I'm guessing its the copper finish ring?
  8. Ravenite

Wiseco Piston Question?

I'm currently assembling a Predator 212 and am installing a Wiseco flat top piston. The problem is that it came with 5 rings and the piston only has 2 grooves. I have the scrunch ring and the 2 oil rings on either side of it seated into place on the bottom groove of the piston. This leaves me...
  9. Ravenite

Welding, Machining and Fabricating in your area?

What got me thinking about that is when I needed to instal the torque converter and headlight on my ct200u. I had the bike in the back of my van and walked into a local welding shop. Turns out it was a production welding shop that was doing the battery trays for Chevy volts. As I was leaving a...
  10. Ravenite

Welding, Machining and Fabricating in your area?

I've been wanting to do a write up on this somewhere for a while. I figured this is a good place for it. What area are you from and how is your access to welding, machining and fabrication when a work or personal project (not just minibikes) exceeds your skill level or capabilities? What is...
  11. Ravenite

Paul's Karts Head

This comment sent me into a world of reading about that company. Quite interesting. Turns out that the Fag factory was right down the road from where the Army had me stationed.
  12. Ravenite

Paul's Karts Head

This is the box that the German case bearing came in (no pun intended). I made sure to lube and pack it (also no pun intended).
  13. Ravenite

Paul's Karts Head

I have not purchased rockers or push rods yet. Definitely not going to use the stock ones. Do you have any suggestions on which to use and ratio?
  14. Ravenite

Paul's Karts Head

Note my city boy brother in laws skin on the exhaust pipe.
  15. Ravenite

Paul's Karts Head

The bike is a Coleman bt200x. I plan on running these Kenda speed racer tires.
  16. Ravenite

Paul's Karts Head

This is what I have so far. The only things I've done are changer the case bearing to a better german made one and clearanced the crank.
  17. Ravenite

Paul's Karts Head

This is my first build and I just found this forum. I got the cam from a buddy, it's new. I plan on using a clutch and I have not purchased rocker arms yet. I'm definitely open to suggestions and advice. I'm not looking for a 80mph cruiser like some of the kids. 60mph is good enough for me. I...
  18. Ravenite

Paul's Karts Head

I'm probably not the right guy to do it since I've never had a performance head before but I'll put up a video reviewing it as soon as I get it. I mostly cruise on the streets and my bike has a predator 212 hemi with 18lb valve springs, jet, air filter and pipe.....the basics. The new engine...