Search results

1. A

Heald Hauler won't go forward

After having to put the Hauler diagnosing on hold most of the summer due to life getting in the way, I was finally able to dig into it. The key that locks the chain sprocket to the driveshaft had worn down to nothing. For .79 cents I was able to get a replacement at my local farm supply store...
  2. A

@Mariah, I think you're onto something. I went through an envelope of paperwork my cousin gave me with the Hauler. I thought it was just the book for the B&S engine - turns out it also has the original assembly instructions and every other bit of paperwork my uncle had for the Hauler! The...
  3. A

I forgot to mention - reverse doesn’t work now either!!
  4. A

I just ran it again now that I’m getting better ideas of what to look at. The shaft on the chain side turns the correct direction when in forward and reverse and is stationary in neutral. When I gas it the sprocket that turns the chain doesn’t move, I’m assuming it engages somehow when the rpms...
  5. A

It looks like it’s going all the way in, but not engaging. I’m more than willing to start with the basics. The shift linkage I can figure out - where should I try the lube?
  6. A

Glad I'm in the right place! Here is a video of what's going on when I try and go forward - the clutch on the engine side appears to be engaging properly When I go in reverse I can see the transmission engage, the chain tightens and it powers backwards (and I'm now out of backing room - of...
  7. A

I'll admit upfront I'm a newbie and if I'm in the wrong forum - please forgive me and point me in the right direction. I inherited a 1981 Heald Hauler 3 wheeler from my Uncle. I've been using it around my property and yesterday it stopped going forward, reverse works. Thought it was the belt...