Search results

1. H

Mikuni 22mm carburetor gasket got sucked into combustion chamber

Hey guys, I put the valves back in and have some new findings after two tests. The first one, I flipped the head upside down and put a puddle of water into the combustion chamber. I then waited a little bit and came back to see all the water gone and basically all of it dripping down the intake...
  2. H

Forsure. Haha, I just realized that it didn't even occur to me that the gasket could be the main source of my loss in compression I just assumed it was the head gasket or the piston rings. Thanks again and will update y'all on what happens.
  3. H

The gasket got sucked into the motor because one of the two carburetor bolts became loose and eventually fell off with the nut. That resulted in the carburetor hanging down and since the engine was still running and sucking in fuel and air, it also vacuumed in the gasket. As I said, when I...
  4. H

Took everything apart as I saw more metal particles when draining my oil than in prior oil changes and also check rod bearings. Took out the piston because I had barely any compression after I turned the bike off, and even though there was a small amount of oil under the head gasket I just...
  5. H

Not to knowledgeable with identifying how healthy or unhealthy cylinder walls should look, and how healthy or unhealthy valves and porting should look as I said "Everything on the head and cylinder walls looks fine in my eyes but not too knowledgeable with that stuff" not the entire engine. I'm...
  6. H

Tore it down and got some of these pictures. The exhaust valve has a little bit of scarring so I assume I should just get a new one or could I get some valve grinding compound to re-seal it? Everything on the head and cylinder walls looks fine in my eyes but not too knowledgeable with that stuff
  7. H

Hey y'all, I have a mega moto 80 frame with a Tillotson 212 electric start that has a billet connecting rod, no governor and Mod2 Cam. I was coming back from the gas station and speeding a little bit which causes some vibration with the bike, when all of a sudden the bike started sputtering, so...
  8. H

Stripped threads

Hey yall. I have a tilly 212 and stripped the side cover internal threads in the block by tightening the bolt too much. I was looking at rethreading it from a m8 to a m10 but that is the last thing I want to do. So I was wondering if anyone has used helicoil to "rethread" on these engines, and...
  9. H

Pauls karts

Hey everyone, pretty new to this website so currently getting the grips. I'm currently trying to build a dragster on a nitro 44 frame with a Predator 212 non-hemi and just had some questions about some of pauls karts stuff. I was interested in getting his PKRPM3 cam and a head. I haven't seen...