Search results

1. O

Un known Chopper. Who made it ?

You are exactly right. Discovered today, under motor mount plate, "CMB" logo and serial number. Discovered while removing the motor to replace a seal. Damn thing sits so low to the ground, never noticed until now.
  2. O

Tecumseh 5.5 hp motor from Puerto Rico

Prices went up too..
  3. O

Tecumseh 5.5 hp motor from Puerto Rico

Did a little research on these Tecumseh 5.5 motors for sale from ebay via Puerto Rico. TECUMSEH 5.5HP Racing Engine SBH-9999 Extra Parts Go Kart Mini Bike Motor | eBay A few have been sold as illustrated on the ebay feedback system. Asked for additional photos. Seller opened one of the crates...
  4. O

Motor swap. Tecumseh to Predator.

oh ya. Lol.
  5. O

Wow.. Been looking everywhere for its beginning. No logo's, serial numbers or markings of any kind on the frame.
  6. O

Going to ride it a bit this weekend. maybe work on it next week. Thanks for all the advice. Really appreciate it.
  7. O

Not sure where the leak is. Maybe behind the torque convertor. I'll need to clean the motor up a bit then run it. Checking the valve clearance is on my agenda. Not sure I can get the valve cover off while on the bike. Super tight. only about 1/8 inch from valve cover to bike frame. Not a...
  8. O

Not leaking anywhere obvious. Maybe behind the torque convertor. Ill give the motor a good cleaning then re inspect after running. Not
  9. O

Thanks.. Cool forum. lots of knowledge here. Generous with their time as well. Thanks to all. No doubt Tecumseh will look better. Found a Tecumseh motor on ebay. Seller in Puerto Rico. link below. Not sure I want to fork out that kind of money on a motor I cant inspect or return. I'll...
  10. O

Wow. Thanks. Did not know anyplace these motors could be had. I'm going to look into it.
  11. O

The Tecumseh runs rough with oil leaks and valve noise. Plan is to scrounge up rebuild parts for the motor. Use the predator for a while. I got the bike cheap. Will probably eventually sell it.
  12. O

Thanks... My plan is exactly as you suggested. I can visualize the torque convertor clearance issue. Hoping the output shaft of the Predator motor ends up not being in a position to make torque convertor chain alignment impossible.
  13. O

Th Thanks.. That's the plan. Just probing for unforeseen problems other have experienced.
  14. O

Greetings. Looking to swap my 6hp Tecumseh Illustrated in the attached photo, with a harbor freight Predator 212 CC. Without access to a machine shop, might I expect installation problems ? The engine mount holes are a close match. Noticed the builder used 1/4 inch shims to raise the mounted...
  15. O

Mine was made by CMB (Custom mini bikes). It had there logo on the handlebar mounts. Yea,, ''Custom'' is the first word in the title of the yellow one that Go Karts USA sells. Pretty good coin for one with shipping also,, it's like $3,500,, & approved by OCC. Thanks .. Looked on S&S mini...
  16. O

Lol.
  17. O

Yours looks in many ways looks like the same builder. Disc brake set up, front wheel, rear wheel, pipe, foot pegs. Super nice by the way.
  18. O

Found this the other day. Bought it quick fast, in a hurry. Think it was hand built ? Anyone ever seen before ?