Search results

1. I

Mounting plate holes

are you sure? engines such as?? and im selling it. it runs rough. the pull start has no recoil either.
  2. I

Mounting plate holes

*length. not height my bad lol
  3. I

Mounting plate holes

OK so i measured the dimensions of an old 5 hp. clinton. width= 2 and 3/4 inch height= 6 inches. could this be right? these are the holes i have drilled in my mounting plate and i need a new engine
  4. I

Thunderbird Engine swap help!

ok well i dont really care at all what the engine plate looks like, im just curious what engines will fit that pattern? a 6.5 clone? and help is appreciated
  5. I

yeah but what engine will fit on that bolt pattern? i NEED help
  6. I

i have a manco thunderbird. it had a 5 hp Clinton engine on it. it ran like crap. I took it off only to realize the guy who had it before really forced it into that frame. im talking bent mounting bolts and it appears he drilled right through the side of part of the frame. Take a look at the...
  7. I

My new bike!

i bought it for 175 cash... the guy said it was a manco thunderbird or something? mid eighties or so. It screams, around 35 or so. 5 hp briggs. rides pretty rough. backfires a bit. no exhaust pipe. fire comes our of where it should be. I think he custom built part of the carb, like the choke...
  8. I

is it too late?

is it too late?
  9. I

Hey man do you have any hornet stickers left? i need one

Hey man do you have any hornet stickers left? i need one
  10. I

What do you think about this?

SPEEDCO 3 WHEELER think its a good deal? i'd probably put a new engine in it. from the pictures do you think it needs a torque converter or what?
  11. I

South Texas Hunting Rig

haha i dont plan on dragging any deer with it. just waking up and going to the deer blind and stuff
  12. I

South Texas Hunting Rig

notice the camo job. the gun rack, the flag. thats how its done here in south texas baby complements and constructive criticism welcome
  13. I

hey dude any idea what size screw i need for my drive shaft. its a 3.5 briggs from like the 70s...

hey dude any idea what size screw i need for my drive shaft. its a 3.5 briggs from like the 70s. its 5/8 diameter if that helps. The screw fell off and disappeared
  14. I

Output Shaft Screw lost!!

my output shaft screw came off and my torque converter fell apart haha. But i dont know what size screw im lookin at? its a briggs 3.5 hp probably from the seventies? and the shaft size is 5/8
  15. I

Dry LUBE?

i used non spray lube i wonder if its working
  16. I

Dry LUBE?

What type of dry lubricant am i looking for? for a torque converter
  17. I

how much does it affect performance?

how much does not lubing your comet torque converter affect performance? and is it necessary? and if so what should i use
  18. I

what happens if its over revved? its probably more important to you because your engine is original

what happens if its over revved? its probably more important to you because your engine is original
  19. I

i just swiped a cable from my old bike and it fit PERCECT. im running a briggs. with a governor...

i just swiped a cable from my old bike and it fit PERCECT. im running a briggs. with a governor now, it used to not have one but when i got my carb cleaned they put one on. why do u want yours on?
  20. I

hah thats the one i got and i got it before i read it. I am having real trouble with the brakes...

hah thats the one i got and i got it before i read it. I am having real trouble with the brakes. I bought that 1 inch brake lever from bmi karts. and the only cable i could find that worked for it was the throttle/clutch cable from northern tool. and the steel cylinder or whatever its called is...