Search results

1. Geronimopilot

Gilson brake band

Thank you! Good luck on your recovery!!! Hand carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists a couple years ago...ouch
  2. Geronimopilot

Gilson brake band

Off the frame -
  3. Geronimopilot

Gilson brake band

Thanks ELT!!!!! In particular, the arm that pivots of the frame...can you tell me how long it is?
  4. Geronimopilot

Hello Dr. Shop Teacher - do you still have any band brake assemblies you designed for sale? I am...

Hello Dr. Shop Teacher - do you still have any band brake assemblies you designed for sale? I am the owner of a new Gilson which has no brake part assemblies whatsoever..... Thanks! Scott
  5. Geronimopilot

Gilson brake band

Thanks ELT!
  6. Geronimopilot

Gilson brake band

This is all I have to start with.......
  7. Geronimopilot

Gilson brake band

ELT great pics much thanks! I'll compare what is bolted now on my bike to compare - yes Skipp's is different than my set up....yours looks more like mine - what I would like to have are pics of the swing arm assembly and how it is welded up - I can hopefully fabricate or replicate it...
  8. Geronimopilot

Gilson brake band

WOW that is terrrrrific! Thanks Skipp!!! I really appreciate the effort!
  9. Geronimopilot

Gilson brake band

Thanks ELT! I think I should clarify my requests LOL! I have the band - I am missing the mechanism/hardware that connects the cable to the band. There are holes in the frame there and I have scoured the web trying to find pictures close up enough to reverse engineer the parts but found no joy :)
  10. Geronimopilot

Gilson brake band

thanks mustangfrank will do!!!!
  11. Geronimopilot

Gilson brake band

Hello All, I am the new owner of a 5hp Gilson woohoo!!! - just like the one I had a a child - just loving it heheehee!!! Does anyone here own one or know someone who does? I would like to ask if anyone here can help me reconstruct the band brake - I am not asking for you to make it for me...
  12. Geronimopilot

Needing recommendations on chrome plating

Thanks everyone for your input!!! Greatly appreciated!!!
  13. Geronimopilot

mustangfrank thanks for the lead! I think I spoke with them already....can't get to my parts until April. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a caswell plating kit and do it myself - although that looks very involved and a pain to do....
  14. Geronimopilot

Hello All, I am contemplating a restoration and was wondering if anyone here could recommend a chrome plating company that they have had good luck with? I have contacted a few and thought I'd reach out to the group here as I am new at this ;) Thanks! Scott