Search results

1. D

Tote Goat Nova 2 Gas tank.

Went to a Acution today and got me some good finds. Got a Tote Goat Nova 2 Gas tank in good usable condition for 5 dollars, and a Tech 6 horse I think with a Mercury Clutch on it for another 5 Dollars.
  2. D

1996 Royal Star

Well, I got myself another big boy toy this week. I call it the Lumbering Hulk do to how heavy this thing is. It is a 1300cc beast of a bike. Now I have to make room in my garage for it, and that will not be easy. Maybe time for some stuff to go.
  3. D

Fox Thundetbolt 125

Well I found another new project today off Craigslist. It is a fox thunderbolt 125. And I got most of the parts. I am missing the clutch and cover, and will also need to make a seat. But most of the original parts are there. I will also have to clean up a gusset somebody added. But hell it even...
  4. D

Amusment GoKart to Dirt Conversion.

Ok, so I got my Kart all stripped down ready to get some bigger tires for it. What I need to know is if anybody has converted a ammusment kart over to a dirt kart, and if the experience was worth it. I think I can use the stock rims and maybe just fit larger tires to them. I also know I will...
  5. D

Commuter 3 to 2 conversion.

So I found that my Commuter needs a bit of work, so I was thinking about maybe doing a 2 wheeler conversion on. It looks like it would be the easiest conversion ever based off the frame and rear end setup. The clutch belts are real hard to find for these so maybe it would work out for the best.
  6. D

Hawg Ty Questions.

Ok,I am looking for any current members with info on the Hawg Ty big wheel bikes. I need help in the ways of the girder spring front end. It seems to be real getto and weak. Has anybody eliminated the spring system and made a upper triple tree for them? Or maybe found a good way to reinforce...
  7. D

Did some trading today, Cant wait to ride these things.

Well, I just got done making a trade with a guy that drove all the way from Gillette Wyoming to Sioux City. I had a 1962 Mercury Comet that he wanted, and he had a 390 Commuter 3 Wheeler, and a Hawg Ti big wheel Mini that I wanted. I also received some good old cash as well. What do you think of...
  8. D

This weeks finds.

Ok, well I picked up another Go Kart and a snow blower this week. The Go Kart is a Pacer Formula One, sold by Amassment Products. I got it for 100 dollars and it needs clutch parts and motor work. Then today I found a Toro 521 that somebody put a clone on, and hardly used for 40 dollars on...
  9. D

What the hell is this guy thinking.

Well, I think I have finally found the holy grail of idiots. Not sure what this guy smokes but it must be the really good stuff. This is on my local CL 1971 Honda 175 Mini-Bike Both from same Guy. :shrug::doah::eek:
  10. D

Doodle Crap Question

Ok, so I went out to a friends house to grill out, and he decided to have me look at his Baja Dirt Bug DB30. He paid 300 for this thing for a Christmas gift for his kid, it ran fine when he got it. Now after sitting for a few months it runs like crap. So I figured that the carb was full of bad...
  11. D

Killer Chrome

Has anybody tried this yet, I just got some orderd up to try out on some parts. Alsa Corp | Paint Template
  12. D

Need Ohlsson Rice Coil

Ok, so I was looking at my Ohlsson Rice that I have had since High School, I got 2 of them from my teacher for fixing him one, Well over 20 years ago. It seems that somewhere in time the Coil has got broken, and now needs replaced. So if anybody out there has a spare for a fair price, I sure...
  13. D

anyone ever use a gearbox on a mini?

I was wanting to know if anybody has ever used a gearbox from a Triumph Pre Unit on a mini bike? My dad has road British bikes my whole life, and I was thinking of the pre unit gearbox, they are left hand shift and small in size. Maybe, I could use a Norton or BSA as well. I know my dad has some...
  14. D

Got a 18 hp opposed flathead tonight

Ok, so I got a Horizontal 18 hp Briggs for 60 dollars off CL tonight. It has a 1 inch crank, so that is no problem. But what the hell do I need it for? I have only seen one or so on here before, so not sure what it will be good on.
  15. D

todays Score

well I picked up another 3 wheeler, yamaha 200. :doah: wife is real happy. :scared: 1985 Yamaha YTM 200 3-wheeler
  16. D

Scored a 11 hp Briggs IC today

Ok, I got a good running 11 horse Briggs IC. I guess what I need to know is what cluch will work on the tapered shaft? and is there a mini out there it will fit on?
  17. D

Storage Wars Powell

Ok, I am watching Storage Wars and Barry got a locker that had a disasembled Powell in it, he was told there was a Harley in there so he was just throughing the Powell around. Sure wish I was there to slap him and tell him that he had gold and did not know it.
  18. D

Finally Got a Clone today.

Ok, So I finally Got a Predator today from HF for 99 plus 2 year warrenty. Ya this is my first one. I have lots of options for it, and would like to know what it is best suited for. 1. Rupp Roadster 2 2. Bird Duck 3. Manco Streaker 4. Rupp Continental Special 5. Manco Quester 6. Go...
  19. D

Best use of a Rupp ever.

I think I am going to call to see if he still has it, hope before Fat Boy sees it. rupp mini bike with sidecar
  20. D

Wheel Identification help.

Ok, Here are some pics of the wheel that is on the back of my Rupp Continental Special. I know it is not the correct wheel, but I would like to Identify just the same.