Search results

1. gam-MB-rider

Re-Chroming spoke wheels

I don’t know if this is an option for you but I restored a 1965 Yamaha 80 YG1 and I was able to find Taiwan aftermarket rims & spokes for it. It was far cheaper than chroming. I bead blasted the hub assembly and it came out great. I will mention that lacing the wheels can take some patience but...
  2. gam-MB-rider

I got my aunt’s old Cheetah

Great project with a history and it’s nice to keep it in the family.
  3. gam-MB-rider

Bonanza Project Completed

Thanks for your comments, I was inspired by your projects. There’s a lot of cool bikes and good information on this forum.
  4. gam-MB-rider

Bonanza before & after.

Great Job, I Like it.
  5. gam-MB-rider

Bonanza Project Completed

My goal here was a reasonably close representation of a BC-1300 without breaking the bank. I was lucky that most of the key parts were there to start with. I ended up making the rear shocks from stainless tube and polishing them to save on chroming. The headlight is a bates style housing that...
  6. gam-MB-rider

Taco parts to order

I would avoid this site, I had nothing but frustration form this guy trying to get my order filled. After lots of patience and hounding, I got part of my order. He made no mention of any back order problems up front. After months of no communication and no part, I finally ended up opening case...
  7. gam-MB-rider

New Project Taco 44? 99 (and Briggs Silver Paint)

I just picked up a Taco basket case with original rims, new tires, new seat and a 5hp Briggs. The seller and I thought it was a 44 but the first 2 digits of the frame number are 7A, from what I could find that makes it a 1967 Taco 99. This model did not appear in the 1967 #7 catalog. It was...
  8. gam-MB-rider

Has Anyone Powder Coated a Vintage Gas Tank?

Thanks cfh, those are some great tips and tricks. I think l’m going to try it after I have a little more experience with powder coating, I’ve only coated 1 part so far but I’m happy with the results. Once your setup it’s easy to do and much less hassle than paint. I also use POR-15 to seal the...
  9. gam-MB-rider

Thanks for the advice, I think I ‘ll pass on trying it. I have a another tank I chromed for my project, this was just to have a spare larger tank and to try out my new powder coating setup. I found an old oven on Craigslist for $20 and made this powder coating station with some stuff I had...
  10. gam-MB-rider

I have a round style gas tank like the one used on the bonanza and other vintage mini bikes. I would like to powder coat it but I don’t know how the seam was joined, soldered, brazed or otherwise. Powder coating temp is around 400 degrees and if it is brazed I’m sure I’m OK but solder could be...
  11. gam-MB-rider

Document on Tecumseh Snowblower to Minibike engine conversion

I am newer member and I just found this post. You did an excellent job putting this together, it answers all of my questions and more. Thanks for sharing this info.
  12. gam-MB-rider

Can anyone help identify the year of my Bonanza BC.

Thank but I already have a reproduction seat on the way.
  13. gam-MB-rider

Can anyone help identify the year of my Bonanza BC.

Hi, I’m a new member and would like your help identifying my mini bike. From what I can tell It’s a BC-1300 based on tire size. The 530/450x6 2Ply tires and round hole rims appear to be originals. The motor is a 1971 Tecumseh (HS-40) which I don’t believe is original but is period correct. The...
  14. gam-MB-rider

H25 Tecumseh 1969 birthday boy

What brand and color single stage automotive urethane did you use and what is the heat rating?
  15. gam-MB-rider

Anyone have the dimensions of a Bonanza BC-1300 rear shock?

I would like to make some but I have only seen pictures of them. It would have to be one that is already disassembled with accurate I.Ds, O.Ds, lengths and widths of the tube, shaft and bushing . The springs are available on eBay. I know there is a guy that makes some beautiful reproductions...