Search results

1. D

~2 month review Mega Moto 212 tillotson stage 1

few more things, the frame bottom and especially the kickstand bracket are quite close to the ground and so I'm afraid on street turns to turn too tight in case it would catch/slide on the ground and cause the bike to buck crazy. In woods with softer ground it's not much an issues unless...
  2. D

Handlebar clamps not working well

I'm not sure the exact clamps but there's some that are meant for dirtbikes/motorcycles that are specifically meant to not split and they're like $100+. Actually, they might be the $80 gorilla grabber ones, I haven't researched much into the aftermarket ones yet. Best would be male teeth on...
  3. D

I'm replacing the clamps with a much better motorcycle/dirt bike kind which is said to be the most secure, costs like $180 or something but I don't care. If I can retro fit these even if have to drill new holes will be fine, the frame is strong there. It's common even for motorcycles the bars...
  4. D

Mini shovel may be the best woods trails dirt mini bike fire extinguisher

I asked reddit firefighters. They suggested a mini foldable shovel which seems to be the best choice, where I ride the dirt should be pretty easy to dig. I was considering the Element mini one they're like $90 looks like a flair but reviews show they are basically useless, even the spray paint...
  5. D

~2 month review Mega Moto 212 tillotson stage 1

go this from gopowersports for around $1200. UPS DESTROYED the box but it's like 150 lbs stuffed into a single-wall cardboard box no reinforcements. UPS guy said something like I can't check through it and then decide to send it back or not, so I signed for it knowing GPS would replace anything...
  6. D

Loud horn for 212 tillotson electric start single coil?

I have a 212 tillotson stage 1 mini bike with single coil, it doesn't have a battery. I'm going to wire the LED headlight to the single coil. Is there a way to wire a loud horn? There's motorcycle horns on ebay says 115dB but there's little dinky ones running on small button batteries that claim...
  7. D

I'm referring to these https://www.gopowersports.com/7-8-handlebar-riser-clamp-kit/?campaignid=15940148387&adgroupid=&adid=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImZGZhs7c_QIVofzjBx2KYQAREAQYBiABEgLUv_D_BwE BTW, only one half is threaded which it doesn't show the threads in the photos, or neither is threaded and...
  8. D

cotton Cloth vs mesh plastic poly air filter cover dirt mini bike

I have this type of exposed ribbed cylindrical air filter on my tillotson 212 stage 1 kits mega moto 212 mini bike. It came with the mesh type sock/cover shown in photo. I think I say in some youtube video or something that either cloth or mesh is better for muddy/rainy/dusty conditions but that...
  9. D

just assembled a mega moto 212 tillitson from GPS. I tightened the 2 U-clamps that squeeze the handle bar really well using an allen key and tapping it with a hammer instead of twisting with the hand, seems I got them as tight as possible but the handlebars slips a little forward/back, like when...
  10. D

How to add a bright LED light to Tillotson 212 Electric start mega moto 212?

mega moto 212 is a nice bike. But I tightened with the wrath of god on the U-clamps which secure the handlebar to the frame but they still move around I think I have to drill, tap threads and put a bolt down in each in the spot I like them, because I ride woods /trails and don't want it moving...
  11. D

Tillotson Predator 212 Electric start, OIL DRAIN PLUG THREAD SIZE hose extension bolt

Well I've decided to keep the stock plain short bolt, because I ride woods and sometimes have to go over stumps branches etc that can be sticking up and don't want anything breaking an extension and have all the oil pour out. I've also ran the rear brake cable on the top of the frame too instead...
  12. D

Turns out I can run an LED bulb with the single-coil my engine already has. Would need dual coil to run the non-LED stock bulb this bike came with, because LED needs less energy I guess. In the youtube video above GPS linked the motorcycle bulb they found can be swapped with the stock bulb. I...
  13. D

Hi I'm finishing building my Tillotson 212 e-start stage 1 on a mega moto 212 frame. It came with a non-LED headlight but I didn't even bother installing it because I think I need a brighter LED, and will sell the non-LED on eBay as new. The kit didn't come with a battery but there's terminal...
  14. D

Tillotson Predator 212 Electric start, OIL DRAIN PLUG THREAD SIZE hose extension bolt

Hi, I have a tillotson 212 E-start on an mega moto 212 frame. I wanna add an extension to make draining oil cleaner + easier, EDIT, I just checked before mounting the engine it seems the front OEM plug will hang over the frame for an easy clean draining but while I'm making the thread I figure...
  15. D

212 Tillotson shaft bolt size?!

^ correct, thanks, and yes I was thinking might have to prop something like the flywheel but I got it off. It's 5/16-24 FINE thread, NOT 5/16-18 more common in store bins. I was able to get the stock bolt out with a giant channel lock with rubber sheet wrapped around the shaft and a breaker...
  16. D

212 Tillotson shaft bolt size?!

Hi, I ordered a mega moto 212 complete kit with stage 1 tillotson from gopowersports. I had a very damaged box missing parts, waited for replacement parts, still some were missing and got the rest replaced. Now, when installing the torque converter onto the engine main shaft, my stock bolt...
  17. D

Is this gap normal? Mega Moto 212 fork bearing exposed.

Another issue I'm asking other MM212 owners if they have the same thing: location on frame as shown by the green star on the bottom of the frame pic with the whole frame on its side - on the underside of the tubing it's bent in and there's a crimp tool mark or something as if this was done with...
  18. D

the photos are just to show reference of the part I'm talking about. Basically I'm just asking for other mega moto owners to confirm or not if theirs is the same way. I forgot to mention, I banged it in pretty good with a rubber mallet but it didn't pop in any farther like I was expecting...
  19. D

anyone have this frame? As shown by the red circles, the bottom bearing sticks out exposed about a little less than 1/4" of it, all the assembly tutorials I watched including the official from mega moto seem to also have this gap though but it seems as though the race built into the tube that...
  20. D

212cc Stage 1 with stock muffler is ok?

I just bought a used Coleman BT200x and CT200u-ex. They're very unbalanced I think from the fat tires but I do like the fat tires for trails and maybe they'll run decently in snow, slowly of course, not trying to slide out or anything. These 2 are stock pretty sure both have clutches and gov...