Search results

1. M

Tillotson TFB Carb Won't Start

I am not really sure Mike... I dont see where else it would be getting any "energy" from other than that hole at 10 oclock on the gasket. There is not a whole lot of info about these out there... the TCT version seems to have more info than the TFB version of it, but I think the only difference...
  2. M

I actually got it to work today, no pulse pump, just turned the mix screw allen head counter clock-wise 3/4 of a turn and opened the idle up 1/2 a turn. At the moment I dont have the chain on it just the torque convertor, and in that configuration it seems to run pretty smoothly. I left it set...
  3. M

Right, the only galley I saw motor side was that standard little one that has the hole in the top left of the gasket, and opens up under the back of the carb. Thats what I originally thought might be "powering" the carb, so I thought it was odd that it seems like a standard 212 carb. So yes I...
  4. M

Thanks River, the "carb" I have on there now is a Tillotson TFB, which is supposed to be a "fuel injection" carb. From what I have read it relies on vacuum pulses from the engine to provide a fuel injection type of thing. There are no jets or anything, and the diameter of the inside of the car...
  5. M

I have a stock predator hemi that I have installed an electric start, stage 1 filter and jet from GPS and a 1 inch exhaust with a silencer on it. So far I had the stock carb with the larger jet on it and it runs and starts ok, but since the stock carb doesnt have a fuel mix screw, I bought a $15...
  6. M

Building Mini-Trike

I have been looking at the Peerless 100-244 at https://www.surpluscenter.com/ but it is going to take some machine work and revision to the bike to make it work. I did receive my TFB carb yesterday and will hopefully get to work on it tomorrow or this weekend. Unfortunately its really cold here...
  7. M

Building Mini-Trike

thanks for the tips Wjustice. I have been doing exactly as you recommend only just leaving the chain off until I get the engine tuned / setup the way I will feel safe on it. Any ideas on a good source for a differential for this?
  8. M

Building Mini-Trike

so here is V2 so far
  9. M

Building Mini-Trike

Thats cool looking. Due to my replacement knee and hip though, I dont know if low center of gravity is a good idea for me! I probably could get sit down in yours... but never get back out of it!
  10. M

Building Mini-Trike

After the less than stellar performance of the original setup I decided to change a few things. I have removed the ghost for now and just put in a regular predator hemi. There are 2 reasons for this, 1 I think for now the ghost was just too much for what I am trying to do, and 2nd I couldnt for...
  11. M

Building Mini-Trike

here are a few pictures of Ver.1.2 of the thing... I am revamping and doing Ver 2.0 now
  12. M

Building Mini-Trike

Hello this is my 1st post, and I have a story. When I was a poor kid growing up in southern Florida, somehow my dad got me this old mini bike. I really liked that thing and rode it as much as I could. Problem was the clutch was on its last leg, and we never got a new one for it, so... I really...