Search results

1. VeritableFox

Fox Campus?? Not sure, but it's cheap

It started life as a campus frame. It's had a rough life.
  2. VeritableFox

A buddy of mine sent me this…

Well, he's keeping up with traffic. Also not riding like an idiot. I wouldn't do it myself mostly since riding a motorcycle is dangerous enough with inattentive drivers on the freeway, something 1/4 the size seems like asking to get run over. His balls must have road rash though. I've also seen...
  3. VeritableFox

Truck load of Intek 206!

If it's specifically the older Intek I/C 206cc from the 2000-2010's, it is what they were based off. There are newer 203cc ones, not so much. I don't recall offhand if the newer 203cc ones interchange parts with aftermarket animal parts. Either way, cool find and best of luck with them. Even...
  4. VeritableFox

I want one!

Pretty cool looking. Not entirely sure why he felt it needed a manual transmission though. Reduce the torque load on something like a traditional jackshaft setup that a tube frame may not handle? The last thing I wonder about is the foot peg location. Then again, this thing is probably never...
  5. VeritableFox

Another Project

Minor update. I've torn down the predator for it to give a mild ungoverned build. At this point it's a bare block waiting for new parts to go in. The temp dropped and it started snowing so I went back in when my toes started going numb. I didn't get a crank lock while I was buying parts so I...
  6. VeritableFox

How to post AVI videos.

You have to upload the video to a site like Youtube, then use the media embed from the dropdown to the right of the emoticons to link it. Depending on the media site you use the "get link" or "share link" button to copy the direct link to the video to share here is in different locations. If...
  7. VeritableFox

Who is planning to build a mini in 2024?

I'm finished buying the parts for my scat thing Hemi predator engine build. Picked up an RPQ "bullet proof" kit which has a lightened flat top piston, squeeze cast aluminum flywheel rated to 10k rpm, +20 ARC rod, some goofy spark plug boot, and an oil plug with magnet. Full kit was $155, so not...
  8. VeritableFox

"new" toy to add to the pile

Picked up a 206 Intek I/C off ebay for $100 + $60 shipping recently. I have yet to tear it open but it's on the pile with my predators, Tecumsehs and 2nd Briggs 5hp flathead. I think I'm developing an addiction... As a side note, the guy I got it from on ebay was really good to work with...
  9. VeritableFox

How fast is your mini bike

I've confirmed 55 on a flat road on my Fox with GPS. I've confirmed 48 with a car trailing me. Damn thing was terrifying to ride at that speed. 12/15/15/54 gearing. I kept the jackshaft so I can play with gearing and possibly go to a 2 speed clutch in the future. Anyway, on the current gearing...
  10. VeritableFox

I Think I Am Having A Bad Trip

That frame is a stress fracture waiting to happen. I'm guessing the resulting yard sale of hitting a dip in the road would be pretty epic.
  11. VeritableFox

Briggs Flathead Racing Cams

If you're looking to avoid slapper cams then the SS cams from Dynocams are the way to go. The only other real options for manufactured cams is comp cams and crane cams, also no longer made like the stock regrinds from Dynocams. Pretty sure the ones by Precision cams are all slappers.
  12. VeritableFox

Gilson wheel repair

I took it as that was what you meant. To be fair, it may have been 16 year old me doing something dumb. Either way, they got beat on pretty bad at some point and I've found words to be annoying lately. I prefer grunting and hooting these days to trying to use words. I am become monkey, master of...
  13. VeritableFox

Gilson wheel repair

Nice that the fix seems to work out. Great work on that. I'm glad they have found a home where they will be brought back to life and use. As noted and discussed in messages, not sure what happened to the wheels myself. They were on the scatcat frame I'm working on and bought from a garage sale...
  14. VeritableFox

Alsport RTS 340

I have not yet. Been busy this weekend with the drain plumbing in my home and switching out the old cast iron for less cloggy PVC. I'm going to be finishing up insulating the garage now that we're actually getting below freezing around here before I get to it. Just a bit of insulating on the...
  15. VeritableFox

Another Project

Hello and Merry Christmas. Been a while as I've been working and getting my garage insulated. Anyway, I've been getting some parts together for this to get it moving on its own. I picked up a pair of 10" rims off OldMiniBikes and put some Kenda 329's on them. Lastly I picked up a universal sprocket for...
  16. VeritableFox

Alsport RTS 340

Good morning and Merry Christmas! I've been dormant for a while as I've been working on insulating my garage and doing a thing people call work. Anyway, during this time I've been doing a bit of parts collecting and working on the engine teardown. I'm at the point of pulling the TC off and...
  17. VeritableFox

Pet peeves?

I just don't bother anymore. It's so intensely common anywhere that deals with powersport equipment that has an engine that makes contained explosions that it's mind numbing they don't think to look at the 8 other threads on the main page asking the same thing. Really should just have an...
  18. VeritableFox

Advice for new builders (head tube, welding)

Azusa is generally reliable stuff. Their 2 piece rims are actually used for light aircraft as well. Someone posted a thing not long ago about cleaning up the Azusa rims so they don't wobble. If you build off an Azusa frame, I personally wouldn't build some 50 mph monster. The frames aren't...
  19. VeritableFox

Briggs Flathead Cam recommendations

Outside of a rare post offering an old cam or 2, typically of unknown grind, from facebook groups or forums it's really hard to find them if you don't just pony up the cash for a Dynocams tool steel billet cam or send in a good stock cam or going through a place that still gets the stock cams...
  20. VeritableFox

Another Project

I thought it was just sarcasm.