Search results

1. S

clutch choice advice neaded

I would use a max torque if i wasn't drag racing, you can change girdle springs to bring your engagement speed up if you want, the race cart guys likely know what works best for a 9000 rpm hot rod https://4cycle.com/karting/
  2. S

What Ruttman is this?

If those are 6" mags it would be a model 250 Wild Goose , someone added the scrub brake, as far as I know they all came with clutch brakes , except the 1969 Judge and the renamed Pak Mules. the toad vulture wild goose and spyder shared the same frame , until the long frame spyder came out. the...
  3. S

Bird/golden pinto forks?

I just threw that 4" service cart wheel on it to roll it around until I can find a back wheel, the forks have welded tabs for the bolts that hold the plaque card that look like they belong, regardless the frame has been molested and I'll likely molest the front forks as I hate pull back bars...
  4. S

New piston/rings or just oversized rings on the old piston.

We used to knurl the piston skirt on standard pistons on cars when using oversized rings , to keep the piston from rocking. if you have to much gap between your piston and cylinder wall the piston will rock back and forth cutting a crescent in the cylinder wall with the rings. I had that happen...
  5. S

Bird/golden pinto forks?

picked this up a couple weeks ago, looks similar to a golden pinto, but the forks are kinda long and the number plaque on them is different. you can see where the fender , rear fender brace, seat strap and scrub brake were cut off, but I see no place where the shock tabs would have been cut off...
  6. S

Bird/golden pinto forks?

7. S

1973-1975 Ruttman Literature

Try here http://www.pinrepair.com/minibikes/
  8. S

Newbe question on tires

It is what it is, just need to get used to the new math so I know what to expect when ordering, like the 12oz pound of bacon and the legendary 3 1/2" 2x4, MERRY CHRISTMAS TOO ALL
  9. S

Newbe question on tires

Ya your under 3" with those in my book too, nowhere even close to 4.10", I have four 4.10 x3.50 x4 wheelsets for a utility cart cheng shin or something that measure 2.875" ,with measurements like this I should be able to get 8" slicks between my 6" dropouts.:cool:
  10. S

Newbe question on tires

I just got a pair of new Hi-Run 4.10 x3.50 x6 tires from Lowes for one of the mini bikes I'm getting parts together to build for my grandchildren, sweet price but the tread section of these new tires look awfully narrow to my eye, they measure 2.5 inches across the tread, is this pretty much...
  11. S

Ruttman Horny Toad

Whoever has the Ruttman isn't answering messages, he has it on Facebook Marketplace for $225 but I Messaged him Monday & Wendsday with no response, meanwhile a complete Ruttman Spider , with Predator engine & mag wheels sold 70 miles from me for $350 and there's a super nice spider in West...
  12. S

Ruttman Horny Toad

Still have it? I'm interested
  13. S

Sears 131.80769 wide tire

A boatload of snowmobiles used cable disk brakes, as did Harley /Columbia golf carts. Something like this could work if you can make it mount...
  14. S

Scrub brake rubber grip

1/2" ID vintage tricycle handle bar grips , 1/2" ID motorcycle shifter covers, junior golf club grips .500 dia ebay is your friend. ebay is your friend
  15. S

coolest mini bikes???

Since people are posting pics of mini motorcycles , Nothing will ever out cool the legendary 50s Mustang!
  16. S

Different , any ideas?

Found it it appears to be a Cheeftah, regardless it came up on my craigslist page in error I thought it said Redford Mi , it's in Rockford Ill.
  17. S

Different , any ideas?

That bolt holding the frame together at the steering head scares me! Looks like it was designed to knock down into two or three pieces.