Search results

1. Spokes

Fox Campus Minibike Build

I fired up the little scoot today, 12-13-23. I have to admit I cut some corners. License plate fenders, homemade seat, stainless nipple extension for the exhaust, retrofit Honda brake actuator to make good the drum brakes. The engine came from Glenns Army Navy Surplus in Ohio. I had to pull the...
  2. Spokes

It's been a while since I last posted. I wanted to share the latest progress on the little scoot. I shortened the crankshaft and removed the internal governor and retrofitted a Chinese carb. I installed an aftermarket throttle assembly and soon wire the kill button. Clutch fitted; chain guard...
  3. Spokes

what are you listening to v.2.0

Or have a listen to Paul Harvey Spring 1991, WGAR Cleveland, Ohio. Back then I used to set my recorder to just before noon so I could listen later. 18 years later, multiple state moves, I can across this tape. I linked Paul Harvey to the latest Honda Dream builds, so you will see a slide show...
  4. Spokes

What solvent are you using for cleaning Carburetors

Ok. Mineral spirits 12-22% aromatic. So yes, both aromatic and flammable can be used, but in a separate container placed in water filled ultra-sonic bath. Keep in mind the hotter the solution the more vapors are released. Be careful.
  5. Spokes

What solvent are you using for cleaning Carburetors

Prior to retirement I managed a site that produced precision needle bearings. I preface my suggestion based on this fact. Quality Assurance uses ultra-sonic baths to measure dirt particles. This was done by placing a container of mineral spirits in the ultra-sonic bath of water. Yes, the...
  6. Spokes

Been posting old converted films found at a garage sale. I've posted Rupp minibikes and snowmobiles video's But this one is off topic!

Songs of the Irish. 8 minutes or so, three songs. My favorite is: Who put the overalls in grandma's chowder" mid 50's
  7. Spokes

New Video! Rupp Snowmobiles

Sad. The only shot of my Doo. Repairing the bonnet in my basement circa 1977. Hard to believe, 46 years ago.
  8. Spokes

New Video! Rupp Snowmobiles

Off topic for sure but very cool
  9. Spokes

Minor project update. Bought a centrifugal clutch. 1st clutch purchased since The Beatles song "Help" was top 10 list of songs. I noticed the clutch has a dedicated key formed in the bore. Unfortunately, the new 5hp Briggs was a surplus snow thrower engine from MTD. I say unfortunately...
  10. Spokes

Speed Sport on Snow Video!

Great! Here is another video. Mini dune buggy! RuppsterYT10 - YouTube
  11. Spokes

Speed Sport on Snow Video!

If you have been following me on videos, I found at a garage sale featuring Rupp Mfg, click the link below to watch a very cool video about snowmobiles and Rupps Snow Dragster!
  12. Spokes

1970 rupp sprint needs help looking for ideas

You are all welcome! More Rupp videos to upload in the coming weeks.
  13. Spokes

I'm from Strongsville, Ohio. Late 1964, my family returned from Sao Paulo, Brazil. A two-year contract my father made with USAID. I was 12. I premise my time stamp in history to set background. My father along with my grandmother takes me to a bicycle shop. There it sat, a minibike. 3 hp...
  14. Spokes

Here is my recent YouTube post of a Rupp Factory promo film.
  15. Spokes

Tuning my Mikuni VM20 to 5hp flathead...

Sorry for the delayed reply. Advanced spark does not affect fuel/air ratio. My comment simply suggests advanced timing during acceleration improves performance. No biggie.
  16. Spokes

Static or RPM advance?
  17. Spokes

I'm familiar with these carbs. The carb needs to be level. The throttle needle adjustment (the little notches on the pin) affects fuel range from Idle to top end. Various jetting kits are available for these carbs, which to my experience with big V-Twins makes a world of difference top and...
  18. Spokes

Keep in mind the pit bikes as well as small Asian engines have spark advance features. To my knowledge our Briggs engines do not. Not to say altered intakes or metered air needles don't make a difference. Just saying...
  19. Spokes

You won't believe this

Member CFH came through. The film has been received by Al. Once downloaded I will try to upload the video. The one I sent was "The Maxi World of Mini Cycles" made by Rupp, it's 15 minutes long. Going forward I plan to invest to digitize all the films I have, Rupp Films for the forum and several...
  20. Spokes

Tote Gote

Here is a pic of the red Gote. Top of a hill, in the woods at the end of my dead-end street. I mentioned the problem of not being to push the bike or even coast down the street. Why? I had a cop who lived mid-way down my street. I was 14 and legal driving age was 16. He harassed me to no end...