Search results

1. useng1

Heald VT 5

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/for/d/utica-minibike-heald-vt5/7444077453.html I haven't been on this site since the grandson got his drivers license several years ago. Wanted to let you all know I have this minibike on Craigslist. I hope I have posted properly.
  2. useng1

Minbikes in Hot Rod

Current issue of Hot Rod has a minibike article on page 16.
  3. useng1

Governor Shaft Bushing?

Is there a replaceable bushing in an HS50 block where the governor shaft comes thru? The shaft on mine seems to flop quite a bit. Last falll at Osseo, my minibike surged from idle to throttle position speed several times as I was riding on the road. Three different times at wide...
  4. useng1

Need help Identifying

Can anyone put an approximate year on this HS 50? ID sticker is destroyed. Can anyone suggest a model no. for ordering parts? Thanks.
  5. useng1

Unknow Brand

What is it? I bought this today. All my other mini's are Healds. I don't know much about other brands. Looks like it has lots of miscellaneous pieces. Frame has had brackets cut off on both sides between the motor plate and rear tire. Has a 5 hp Tec that should move it along. I'm thinking...
  6. useng1

Craftsman SS Wrenches

Does anyone have any of these? Sears sold them in the early to mid 60's for $99.99. I was making $600 a month at the time. One day I got a Sears sale paper in the mail. They were closing the set out at $29.99.
  7. useng1

Sears Funderbird

Got this for the grandson a couple of weeks ago. Apparently made by Bird Mfg. and sold by Sears. w.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/data/2502/thumbs/Funderbird_005.JPG[/img][/url]
  8. useng1

Clauson 4th Parade?

Does anyone know whether minibikes will be in the 4th of July Clauson, Mi. parade? Details?
  9. useng1

Tri state reunion at Osseo

What happened to the thread that was on here. There were entries yesterday. Why can't I find it?
  10. useng1

Heald Super Tryke

Losing indoor storage. Must find new home. Has forward, neutral, and reverse. Lots of options. Located Utia, Mi. Can also pick up at Exit 81 on the Ohio Turnpike. $750
  11. useng1

Sensation? parts

I have been told these are Sensation parts. Brake is 4 3/8? dia. $30 shipped from Utica, Mi.
  12. useng1

Hard Starting HS50

I just rebuilt the carbs on two Heald VT5s so I could take them to the Tri- state get together here in Michigan. One starts on the first pull The other dosn't start without starting fluid unless it is warm. I set the points, timing, and carb according to the book specs. and installed a new CJ8...
  13. useng1

Sparkplug Thread Insert

I went to change the plug in a 1976 HS50. The CJ8Y that I took out had a much larger thread than the new CJ8 that I had . I put my glasses on and could see there was an internally and externally threaded "sleeve" on the old plug.[It is not a HeliCoil] The head had a larger threaded hole than the...
  14. useng1

Gilson minibike

H50 with lighting coil, kick stand, runs. Located on the north side of Detroit. Can be picked up at Exit 81 on the Ohio Turnpike. $325
  15. useng1

What are these wheels?

They are 10". 4 1/4 brakes. Rears fit a 7/8 keyed shaft.
  16. useng1

Gilson Brake Band

Does anyone reline brake bands or have new ones? Maybe I should stick to my Healds.
  17. useng1

Heald fork boots

Does anyone want Heald fork boots at $40 a pair? I know it is expensive, but that's the way it is when you don't have production tooling. I'm having 12 made because I need them for my own projects and there are none available. I have a company that modified a mandrel to make them. When they...
  18. useng1

Too Cold to Ride

For those of us that experience winter, the wind chill tommorrow will be 0. Others may have it worse, however things may change and we would like advance notice if possible. Therefore, I am proposing that Wayne represent OldMiniBikes on Groundhogs Day next Tuesday at Gobblers Knob, Pa. He could post a...
  19. useng1

Sebac Shock Bushings

I'm thinking about making a mold and reproducing the Sebac shock bushings. Talking to a molding shop, I don't think it can be done for less than $10-12 for a set of 4 pieces. Any interest?
  20. useng1

Rupp Shocks, 1960's?

Chrome has lots of tiny blisters and a few tiny dings. NO RUST. If you are doing a 100 point bike, these are not for you. If you are at 90 point or less. these will work great. 10 13/16 c.d., 3/8 bolts. eyelet has A53 stamped on it. $60 shipped