Search results

1. FordGalaxy

carb selection

saw some 19mm chinese mikuni clones for sale has anyone tried one of these on a 5hp flathead?
  2. FordGalaxy

Another Mystery waiting to be solved

anyone recognize this mini?
  3. FordGalaxy

Any one in the portland area?

minibike mini bike pocket bike Not sure but it looks like an old fox
  4. FordGalaxy

Which elecric starter

Alright I have one of the military surplus 5 hp flat heads that big dog was selling a while back. It's a 132436 0 229-01 86042207. It has the lighting wires and ring gear for lights and a starter. I've been looking at 12 volt starters for it, but can't figure out which starters will work...
  5. FordGalaxy

mitsubishi

I have a nice 4 hp mitsubishi, honda clone. I'm wondering if a 26mm mikuni is to much carb for it? What about a 5 hp IC briggs flat head. Engines are stock, just looking for a simple way to use a bigger tank on my tote gote.
  6. FordGalaxy

Arctic cat prowler

There is an arctic cat survivor on Ebay in the motorcycles other. It has one day left and 0 bids Other Makes : Arctic Cat in Other Makes | eBay Motorcycles
  7. FordGalaxy

reverse engine mounting

I been searching for the thread where a fellow mounted a clone with the head in the front. Then he used a gear to gear set up to change the sprocket rotation. Anyone know where it is? Thanks Bill
  8. FordGalaxy

Who made this sears engine

Got this little engine, and I'm trying to find out more about it. I know sears didn't make it. Thanks Bill
  9. FordGalaxy

I have no Idea

I have no idea what this frame is any on recognize it?
  10. FordGalaxy

One Photo

How do you upload more than one photo. I have one photo in my album and apparently it is full, its not that large of a photo. I get a message that the photo was uploaded successfully, but it is no where to be found. any Ideas? thanks Bill
  11. FordGalaxy

2 stroke questions

Since 2 strokes don't have a bunch of oil in their crankcase, does it matter how they are oriented. ie run a vertical engine horizontally, provided the carb is properly oriented?
  12. FordGalaxy

Trailflite wheels??

Any know if Honda trail 70 wheels and tire will fit on a MTD Trailflite??
  13. FordGalaxy

starter

The motor I put in my Tote Gote has a starter gear and coil wires. The wires were cut off, I think there is supposed to be a diode attached to them, but I'm not sure. Any one know where I can find a starter motor and wiring diagram for a 5hp flat head briggs IC . I'm thinking an electric start...
  14. FordGalaxy

Seattle Wa

I'll be moving to the Seattle area in 6-8 weeks. Any of you folks live up there.
  15. FordGalaxy

Tin ???

Well for a lawn mower or a tiller I can see why the tins are a must. How well do the flatheads hold up without tins on a MB? any one try it.
  16. FordGalaxy

jetting

Checked the plug and one side of the electrode is a nice frosty white. If I back out the mixture screw it starts running like crap, it'll start to rev then sput out untill the rpms drop to a little above idle. It's a stock 5hp ic with a pull choke pulsajet with the gov removed. It runs...
  17. FordGalaxy

New engine smoking

I put this new ic engine in the gote, and I noticed a bit of white smoke. The rings should be fine it's only got about 45 minutes run time on the engine. I'm wondering if it could be sucking oil through the breather tube? The gov is out so it's probably turning a bit more than 3600 rpms...
  18. FordGalaxy

quick and simple exaust

While walking through Lowes I noticed some flexable stanless pipes for water heaters. They have nuts for 3/4 pipe thread on bothe ends. Screwed a close nipple into my engine, screwed on the flex pipe, screwed a hot dog muffler in the other end and presto. works great, and easy to route around...
  19. FordGalaxy

pull starters

are the starter housings on the verticle engines wider than the horizontal engines?:confused:
  20. FordGalaxy

which recoil

I have an ic 5 horse with no starter on it. The engine is a 132xxx. Any one know if a repacment starter for a 133xxx will work on this engine. Thanks Bill