Search results

1. M

$clone float bowl gaskets$

lookin for 5.5 clone float bowl gaskets, or manco thunder bird parts. will pay $$$
  2. M

new t-bird

my friend got a thunderbird. just thought id share. has briggs stratton 5 hp.
  3. M

manco thunderbird parts.

iso of thunderbird sprockets, scrubbrake assemblies, rims/tires. have paypal. pm me i give u my #:thumbsup:
  4. M

2 engines, same problem

whats up. had same problem on a clone (jf168) and a tecumseh 3.5 powersport. the carb is leaking fuel. on the clone i cleaned the carb and it stopped. on the tecumseh it leaks from the bottom. i got it to stop briefly and it started comin from the air filter. i then broke the float bowl...
  5. M

clone style?

my clone has a rectangular gas tank, rectangular air filter towards the bottom and long rectangular muffler/shroud. my first clone had sqaure shaped tank, sqaure shaped muffler, and box type towards the top. they were both great but i prefer the more rectangular one. throttle more easy...
  6. M

scrub brakes

i got a manco thunderbird, and i was wondering what kind of effect the scrub brake has on tires. the brake seems underpowered compared to the wieght of the bike/momentum. it stops. just slowly. im guessing it would be a bad idea to jam really really hard on them. anyway to beef up a scrub? i...
  7. M

chain tension

im gettin tired of my block slidin back on my mounting plate. i understand that chains can stretch. how about welding a nut on the plate at the rear of the engine at the bottom (idk 1/2 inch give or take) and using a bolt as a adjustable stop? or how ab putting same size mounting bolts in the...
  8. M

clone throttle hookup secrets!

ok first of all i know all of u have some old tenspeeds lyin around the back yard. remove the rear brake cable assembly and lever. be sure to keep the nut/bolt that keeps the tension on the line at the brake caliper the wire runs through. its easier to install with gastank removed. not to...
  9. M

introducing myself

hey im 22 and i have a desert tan manco thunderbird with a clone jf168 5.5. i also have a vintage one with b&s 5 hp.its rideable but still under contsruction.my first vintage bike was jacked by a hood rat.:doah: i have a lot of good tips/ideas an i hope to learn a few tips/ideas. we ride our...