Search results

1. mardyn

Bonanza / Silver Shadow / BikeFor Sale

About a year or two ago, I also listed my 3 bikes for sale as a package deal without much luck. I did receive several enquires about individual bikes but any real buyers have yet emerge. I have enjoyed conversing with potential buyers though, some serious and some just kicking the tires...
  2. mardyn

Bonanza / Silver Shadow / BikeFor Sale

Great looking bikes.... really like the Bonanza series with the Hodaka power. Found one at a swap meet about 15 years ago and passed on it 'cause they were asking $700.00 and now I've been kicking myself ever since. mardyn
  3. mardyn

Name that Frame:

Strange appendages added over the years... I wonder what that bracket on the left upper tube could be for? I love finding old vintage frames stashed away for future restoration... mardyn
  4. mardyn

Collection for sale: Bonanza - Fox - Manco

All three bikes are still for sale... the chopper is my favorite and gets the most attention when I get it out. mardyn
  5. mardyn

Update as of 07/23/2022 While I still have all bikes and parts/spares for sale as listed above, my 4 y/o granddaughter recently discovered the Manco chopper peeking out from under cover in the garage. She promptly informed me that next year, when she's a big girl, she's ready to ride the...
  6. mardyn

Yeah… the Manco Chopper is by far the most popular bike of the three. I’m hoping to sell the entire collection at once… so I want to give it some time on FB marketplace before separating the lot. I’ll contact you if the situation changes over the next few weeks. Thanks for your interest in the...
  7. mardyn

Update as of 10/17/2021 I've had some interest but no buyers for the lot as I'd hoped. All three bikes and spares are currently available as a lot but I will consider individual sale of each bike if we can't find a buyer for the collections as listed. Thanks for looking in. mardyn
  8. mardyn

Thanks for the comments Bill... yes the Fox Sprite is gonna be a really cool bike once completed. As mentioned above, it's about 95% but still needs some small details to be finished before it's ready to ride. All three bikes and spares are currently available as a lot but I will consider...
  9. mardyn

All still available as of 02/16/21.... Thx for your interest. mardyn
  10. mardyn

The Bonanza wants you too... C'mon over. mardyn
  11. mardyn

Have had some interests in individual bikes.. the Bonanza and the Chopper, but no takers on the lot as of yet. Although I'm willing to separate the bikes, I've indicated to interested buyers that I wanted to let the listing circulate among the vintage minibike community for a few weeks, maybe...
  12. mardyn

I've decided to sell my collection of vintage minibikes in one lot. These were all late 60s or early 70s project bikes that I rescued and resurrected/restored about 10 years ago but I have now moved on to other projects. The bikes have been in storage, under cover, in my garage and have not...
  13. mardyn

Fox Sprite Help With Year

Here's a pic of my Fox Sprite as I was reassembling it. Serial number: B0009258 and year model was 1969 mardyn
  14. mardyn

Please read don't know what else to do.

I'm just guessing here but... something is probably holding the primary throttle blade slightly open, that's why when you take off the choke, the engine starts to rev up. Could be tied in with the governor linkage as well. Not sure on the other noise... may be the clutch chattering or trying...
  15. mardyn

Please read don't know what else to do.

Two new engines having the same problem? Unlikely... I suspect your problem is in the throttle linkage not allowing the throttle blade to close completely at idle position. Check and let us know. Good luck mardyn
  16. mardyn

Coleman 2.40 Sport Mini Bike 1971

Nice looking bike... congrats on the sale. mardyn
  17. mardyn

the Cat money shot.........parts worth more than the assembley?

Nice collection you have going...if you could sell it all, one piece at a time, it would be quite valuable.... put it all together and the value plummets. mardyn
  18. mardyn

Free box of parts

Here's a box of misc minibike & small engine stuff for your collection. It's free for the taking... no, I'm not shipping it anywhere, if you want it, come get it. I'm near Canton Texas just off I-20 & Hwy 64 First come, first serve. If interested, you can text me at 972-489-9347 mardyn
  19. mardyn

Bonanza foot pegs

I used a generic set on one of my Bonanza 1200s and don't really like how it turned out. I'm gonna switch back to the OEMs next time I have it out to work on it. I also used some Harley foot pegs that I picked up at the swap meet on the cheap on one of my other 1200s, and it turned...
  20. mardyn

Bonanza " BC Series " Model Identification

Why the heck could Bonanza build fenders with the mounting tabs properly aligned.... ask 'em that next time. mardyn