Search results

1. ProMod

Something I would like to share

Thought I would share this news paper article link with all my good friends on this site. The article in todays local paper is about my son Shaun. He is an important part of HotrodMiniBike.com as well as my life. This year started out rather stress full with Shaun having some scary medical...
  2. ProMod

Motovox MBX11 front suspension on a Doodlebug

Tested out the MBX11 forks on the shops 4 hp Doodlebug today. Bolted right on, just had add three washers to the bottom of the steering head for spacing. Test rode the bike and immediately felt a more stable ride. Blasted across a rough field a few times and rode a little on a rocky tight trail...
  3. ProMod

ProModRaceParts DB30 Mini Bike Project

Here are some pics of my Son's latest Hot Rod DB30 build. This was a fun father/Son project we did this last month. He had the DB frame powder coated to match his sprint car, We built a 208LCT engine, Installed a remote tank kit, Used the PMR motor mount plate and PMR clutch cover which he...
  4. ProMod

Baja Heat and Warrior Jackshaft upgrade

I now have the PMR Jackshaft Plates set up to work on the Baja MB165 Mini bikes too. The standard setup will change the gear ratio from the factory 10-1 to 8.5-1 for increased top speed while still retaining a good takeoff speed. Optional ratio's also available on request. MB165 Jackshaft...
  5. ProMod

Doodlebug 6.5hp and PMR Jackshaft tuning.

I have had allot of customer questions lately regarding gear ratio choices when using the Jackshaft system on 6.5 builds. I must say again that the one thing cool about having a Jackshaft system installed is experimenting with different ratios can be done in a matter of minutes and the...
  6. ProMod

6.5hp DB30 remote mount tank

Sure, Custom built aluminum or retro style round tanks rule with the bling factor, But here are some pics of my latest R&D project. This is an affordable option for the DB30 6.5hp engine installs that I feel really cleans up the look of the bike by getting rid of the bulky tanks. And...
  7. ProMod

New PMR Clutch Cover

I will have these new Clutch Covers available soon on the Baja Doodlebug,Dirtbug Performance and Repair parts web site for those who might be interested. The cover with mount bracket kit price be $39.95 plus shipping. Tried my best to keep the cost down but wanted them to be nice. They are...
  8. ProMod

Rear Hyd' Brake Upgrade

For those who are interested I have the direct bolt on Hydraulic brake systems for the Baja DB30 back in stock plus a few more common DB replacement parts at Baja Doodlebug,Dirtbug Performance and Repair parts The PMR Jackshaft Kits were a little more popular than we anticipated this Holiday...
  9. ProMod

New HF engine compaired to Honda clone's

Thought I would post this thread after having some customer questions about the different brands of engines available for DB motor swaps. First of all and not to repeat on other existing threads regarding the HF engine, But there is a issue with the new HF and greyhound engine having a taller...
  10. ProMod

ProMod Adjustable Motor Mount

I now offer an adjustable mount system that works great for 6.5 motor swaps on the Doodlebugs. Along with centering the engine load on the frame plate it allows you to adjust offset for perfect chain alignment or adjust for the slight 3/8" offset needed when using a PMR Jackshaft system. It also...
  11. ProMod

Make your Doodlebug faster!

My sons championship winning 270cc Sprint motor was laying around the shop just waiting for a few more mods and a new home.
  12. ProMod

Doodlebug Minibike Performance Jackshaft Upgrade Video

Have had allot of interest in the Bolt on Jackshaft Install Kits and a few request to see a video of how it can change the performance of the 2.8hp engine. So I put a little video on youtube for those who are interested. So far we have had nothing but happy customers and allot of smiling kids...
  13. ProMod

PMR Bolt on Jackshaft

The PMR Jackshaft plates work great for Kart, Junior Sprint Car Racing and many other projects needing a gear reduction system. Home Page
  14. ProMod

DoodleBug Performance Jackshaft

So you bought a little Doodlebugger and after your first test ride I am almost positve you were as disappointed in it's performance as I was. Anyone over 100lbs, any kind of hill or even a cruise across the lawn will leave you pedaling with your feet to keep it going. The problem....Way to high...
  15. ProMod

Hello from Brad at ProModraceparts.com

Hi Guy's and Gal's Just wanted to introduce myself! Happy to have found this is a way cool web site that is loaded with great info for all of us Mini Bike enthusiast.