Search results

1. madmaxthemic

carb linkage help PLEASE!

I have a 5hp B&S funpower series model 136212-0132-01. Had to buy a new gas tank and forgot how all this linkage to the gov and throttle all go back the way it is supposed to. I should have taken a picture before tearing it apart. If any knows or has a manual please help, Im going crazy. Its for...
  2. madmaxthemic

6hp Intek upgrade progress

I got everything removed and started fabricating a mounting plate to raise up the Intek motor a bit and reinforce the exsisting mounting plate. The valve cover is close to the rear fender if not raised up. I got a new 60 tooth sprocket and when I removed the old one I found that the center hub...
  3. madmaxthemic

Briggs intek gov bar

I saw some pics here of a throttle hook up for a briggs intek ohv 6 hp. The throttle cable was hooked to the gov bar. I was wondering does that by-pass the gov or does more need to be done to by-pass. Or what needs to be done to remove it. Is it just the same as removing the gov from a honda.?
  4. madmaxthemic

Doodle bug 6hp intek upgrade

Just started today on the installation of a briggs 6hp intek. I might even smash the original with a sledgehammer and video tape it for everyones viewing pleasure.
  5. madmaxthemic

Briggs Intek

Just got a used briggs intek-190 6hp for free. Fuel tank and carb was filled with water. I cleaned out the fuel tank and got a rebuild kit for the carb. It runs great now and I want to up the horse power. Any tips for a low cost 3-4 hp gain. Also will a Tav 2 fit on these. Thanks, I know...
  6. madmaxthemic

GX 160 carb

Just a GX 160 and it runs ok I was just looking for more carb options. Would a Carb from a GX200 or bigger fit right on.
  7. madmaxthemic

3.5 briggs

Anyone here ever Build up a 3.5 hp briggs? Are there many parts to make'm push more horse power? Is it worth it? I've been seeing alot 5hp briggs online that are pushing 12, 13 and even 15 hp. If thats the case could a 3.5 stock be made to get 8-9 horse power?
  8. madmaxthemic

Chainsaw motors

Has anyone here seen any good chainsaw engine minibikes. I know some chainsaws are well over 100cc and producing 8-10 hp and can run up to 10,000-14,000 rpms. Just a thought.
  9. madmaxthemic

Brand new LIL Indians

You can get new LIL Indians from these guys they are the original makers of LIL Indians. Check out their site HISTORY According to this site these are the guys who started it all. They were the first to build and start producing ( The Mini Bike ) as we know it. Just click and read...
  10. madmaxthemic

welding on doodle frames

Does anyone else have such beautiful welds on the lower part of their frames like I do. Both sides of the bottom part of the frame have these crap ass welds. It is like this on both of the doodle bugs that I have.
  11. madmaxthemic

Tav 2 question

Has anyone tried to put the tav 2 on a stock 97cc doodle bug. Would it fit?? If it did, maybe the tav 2 and small rear gear would kick it up quite a bit without dumping a load of cash on engine mods.
  12. madmaxthemic

threads on shaft

Yeah, this GX120 does not have a key way and has threads on the end of the shaft. Is this something that can be a problem for mounting a clutch or do I need to change that crankshaft.
  13. madmaxthemic

honda GX120

I just got a stock honda GX120 4hp motor. I could use some advice on the most cost effective way to get it into the 6 to 8 hp range. I don't want to have to spend too much but will if I have to. Any advice is very welcome.
  14. madmaxthemic

Two Doodle Bugs

Just bought two Doodle bugs for my two kids, a red one and a green one, both with 2.5 hp motors. When I was 8 my step dad built me a mini bike with a MC-9 racing kart motor but it did not last long, my mother deemed it to fast. At the time I did not know it did 55mph. When I turned twelve I...
  15. madmaxthemic

McCulloch MC-9

Looking for info on the horsepower rating for all the McCulloch MC series,like MC-5 MC-7 MC-9 anyone know any thing
  16. madmaxthemic

McCulloch MC9

Does anyone know the horsepower ratings on these vintage motors. McCulloch MC-5 McCulloch MC-7 McCulloch MC-9 Or any of them at all.
  17. madmaxthemic

McCulloch MC9

Does anyone know the HP rating on these vintage motors. I am mainly interested in the MC9. I use to have a mini bike back in the late 70's that My uncle built me. He told me recently that it had an MC9 kart racing motor. I would like to build another one just like it for nostalgia and for...