Search results

1. R

Help Identifying This Old Honda Mini Trail/ Value?

That bike is a Honda Z50A- K2. Commonly called a 1971 model. The last year of the hard tail models. The only model that had oval tank badges. That is original candy ruby red paint. Also, this is the only model that had the hand-operated or foot-operated rear brake. You will not see the...
  2. R

1974 Honda QA50

Most definitely a K1 (1973 model), if the VIN is in the QA50-2XXXXXX format. All of the QA50's from K1 thru K3 look the same except for paint color, tank graphics and fender graphics (color-coded stickers that were on the top surface of the fenders). Additionally, all of the K1 thru K3...
  3. R

1974 Honda QA50

TCT, That is a beautiful bike. I have four QA50's - all in need of complete restoration. Three are K0's - circa 1970-1972 models (two Sprout Green and one Gypsy Yellow). The fourth is a K2 1974 model (Candy Orange). Yours appears to be a K3 1975 model. That was the last year of...
  4. R

Engine and Rim painting Honda Z50

The name of the color is Cloud Silver. Honda sells Cloud Silver Touch Up Paint in 12 oz rattle cans through their Power Equipment dealers (mowers, tillers, etc.). I have never heard of it being available at their motorcycle dealerships, but if you give them the part number....who knows ...
  5. R

The "Silver Paint " Tecumseh Question

Gerry, My first mini bike was a brand new Powerdyne Galaxie 150. It came with a silver 3.5 Tec with tank mounted to the engine. The tank was black plastic with the red plastic cap. Definitely stock. Just the way it was shipped from Pawtucket, RI to the department store where we...
  6. R

Help on qa50

The engine has definitely been replaced. Original QA50 engines are a push-rod type. This one is an OHC engine. My belief is that this replacement engine is from a Honda C70 (Passport). The C70 engine has a style of carburetor that breathes from the "top & front" - as the airbox rides on...
  7. R

Tech Tip: Recoil Starter Repair

Not sure what topics Parts 1 & 2 covered. Back 40 years ago, when this was published, my subscription to the magazine started with this issue - so I don't have all of the issues prior to this. Sorry !
  8. R

Not sure what topics Parts 1 & 2 covered. Back 40 years ago, when this was published, my subscription to the magazine started with this issue - so I don't have all of the issues prior to this. Sorry !
  9. R

Best of 2012

Most enjoyable forum thread of 2012........KKK's "Kustom Kart Shop" story. A true walk down memory lane. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/71062-kustom-kart-shop.html
  10. R

Benelli dynamo

Maybe this will be helpful (or interesting) for you Benelli guys.
  11. IMG_00098

IMG_00098

12. IMG_00087

IMG_00087

13. IMG_000711

IMG_000711

14. IMG_00064

IMG_00064

15. IMG_00058

IMG_00058

16. R

I thought some of you guys may find this to be an interesting read. Scanned from a 1972 issue of MiniCycle (formerly known as Mini Bike Guide) :thumbsup:
  17. R

I thought some of you guys may find this to be an interesting read. Scanned from a 1972 issue of MiniCycle (formerly known as Mini Bike Guide) :thumbsup:
  18. R

19. IMG_00034

IMG_00034

20. R

Carabela Anyone?

Here ya go, Quickdraw. See if this stirs up some memories :thumbsup: Almost a dead-ringer the 1974 Elsinore CR125 M and 1975 Elsinore CR125 M1.