05 blaster project

Last edited:
Thats looking good.
Quick and nimble and very easy to ride and work on.

I bought a blaster brand new the second year they came out and it was a fun ATV and cost $1850 back then.A little small for me now but back then I hadn't been biggie sized yet by the fast food industry:laugh: so it was a blast and very nimble and easy to ride.

I bought a second rolling chassis a little later on and put a honda 200x engine in it and that was fun also.We took both of them to colorado and went riding up in the mountains at buena vista and that was just wild.
I almost lost it down the mountain, :eek: if it hadn't landed upside down on that big tree laying across the mountain it would have dissappeared down into the pines trees on the face of the mountain.
We had an absolute blast on my blaster out on the lakes with just some sheet metal screws in the tires for traction.It wouldnt go thru deep snow with those stock tires but with a few inchs of snow on the ground it was a riot.My wife was riding it when it ate a fiberglas reed valve, that one took me a little while to figure out but the clue was on the spark plug, a tiny particle of the reed was there.

I have one right now sitting in the shed that will be getting a 200cc, 5-speed, electric/kick start chinese engine as soon as I can get around to working on it.I have almost enough parts for another rolling chassis.

I just got my 300ex (converted from a 250x) running but still have a few things I want/need to do to it.That 300ex is a wheelie machine unlike the wifes raptor which is a bit harder to pull the front end up on(perfect for her).

Damn dude sorry, I must have typed some shizzle and didn't hit send and walked away. OK, here it goes again. Blasters are fun, I had one 10 years ago, completely re done. I had the big bore kit, port and polish, he end reeds and all that jazz with a new chrome fmf pipe. I rode it 3 times before it got stolen along with all my tools and tool boxes. I later sucked it up " I was pissed for 2 years" and bought a banshee. I did all the same crap to it and more. That thing scared the shit out of me a few times on the trials out here in MO. It was too fast fro trails, I made it for the dunes and didn't realize what I did. SO I sold it and bought another blaster!!!! I did all the same stuff as before rode it for a year and sold it because I needed more money for the down payment of a house.... I would get the big bore kit and run some air plane fuel in her. Mine would scream down the street like a stripped @ss ape........... Damn that sucked re typing all that :blink:

The blaster looking good. I never had a blaster, I had a Banshee that I had all hopped up for a 10 years and sold in 97 to buy a house, I do miss that quad sometimes. I think Yamaha was the only one selling two stroke quads until 06 and had to drop them because of the EPA.

I had a banshee with trail port big mikuni flatslides it had the cranked trued and all that good stuff. i let my cousin who races ama and wrench's for a few pro's. the power was to much and he flipped it :laugh: nothing was hurt but its amazing how much power you can squeeze from 350cc

LOL. Man, Jesse is right. Even the one I had with all the machine work and big bore kit and running plane fuel, my banshee would eat my blaster for breakfast. Now that doesn't say anything bad for the blaster. When done right, they are a fast and fun machine to ride.......

I wouldnt want to ride a modified blaster or anything without the suspension there also to help control it.

I have thought about stuffing an old RD200 engine into the other blaster frame I have but I doubt I'll ever get to do it.i doubt it would be much faster but those old RD200's are twin cylinder 2-strokes so it would be unique, sort of like a mini banshee :lol:.

that bike couldnt even get close to a banshee because of the porting and the powerband
this bike will be keeping up with the banshee might not be as fast but it will be keeping up in the trails with it. its one day slowly becoming a sand bike and im taking it out to glamis to race when its done if i have to ill moddifie it to fit a friggin banshee motor

my grandpa has a 98 blaster (i think), it was all decked out, big bore kit, ported and polished, racing clutch, racing gas. that thing has a power band from hell, from like 2nd thru 5th(cant remeber off the top of my head). bout shit myself the first time i rode it because he didnt tell me about it

65ShelbyClone

There is a guy on an ATV forum I frequent that put a built YZ400 dirtbike engine(the old aircooled two stroke YZ400) in a Blaster and redid all the plastic in yellow with the '70s Yamaha black graphics....

125ccCrazy

I had a Banshee and a warrior, a 250r...rode a blaster and no way would it keep up with my warrior or banshee and both were stock..... The blasters are the entry level atv's, pretty basic..... Yours is looking good...If you havent done so already I would highly suggest throwing the cable rear brakes as far as possible and buy a hyd brake set up...those factory brakes are total junk...they should have been recalled from the factory...