07D675s RestoRod Bird build

07D675

I have that same exact bike. Bought it this week. I have torn it down and I am working on the motor mostly. No painting done on it yet, not sure what to put on it colorwise. Mine was made by Bird and had a Sears tag on it. Mine has a white tank and white fenders and is 100% complete. It came with a 4hp tec motor. These are neat and very much like a Rupp Roadster hardtail.
When I can figure an easy way to post a pic I will. I used to ride minis in about 1970.
Rob
Hey Rob, where did you find it? I found mine on craigslist pretty cheap. Not complete and kinda rough but I got it with another mini from the same guy. Don't think he knew how old it was. It's lookin' good now since stripping it to bare metal. I have a couple Briggs engines I can put on it. One is newer and runs but the older ones need to be redone. I can't wait to ride it!!!
Good luck with yours...:thumbsup:

mine was on Craigslist about a year ago so I went and looked at it, but got busy and did not get it...Owner had it on his vintage cycle site so I asked if he still had it and got it a year later! Mine is complete, are you missing any parts? What color is your gas tank/fenders? Have you found a source for new tires? I think my avatar now has a pic of it there.
Rob in Atlanta

Thanks GTO. Engine is looking good now. I put a starter rope on it, new plug, pulled the head off and inspected/cleaned out the carbon, new air filter, cleaned the carb, new gaskets, new primer bulb and fresh oil. Just need the carb inlet plastic piece and exhaust gasket and I can see if it will start.
I still need the twist throttle, old one was no good.

07D675

Hey Rob, mine was missing the tank, seat, original engine, (had a briggs on it) one fender, throtte and grip. Some kid had it but I still wanted it because I liked it and wanted to rebuild it. The tires where dry rotted so after searching I found scooter tires on Bikebandit.com. the same size. As far as the color I think mine was red and white. Those were the colors I came across while stripping the parts.

07D675

No seat yet kbs8ball...:thumbdown: I AM DETERMINED to get my machine working and make one! :thumbsup: I really have'nt had alot of free time in the past week. My Wife and I just had a baby and he's been very demanding for our attention! I've been doing a little work here and there on my other project when I can sneak away..:wink: I know where to get a real nice one if I need one!!!

Last edited:
Well, Got some parts I was waitin' for but the darn weather still won't cooperate. Looks like I'll have to wait to paint the thing until spring. Got my old Briggs together and cleaned up. Might spray it in the garage since it's small enough. Supposed to be sunny tomorrow so..... :thumbsup:
I took a small wire wheel on a dremel and cleaned up the old carb. Came out pretty shiny. I'll post some pics when I get it all together and painted. Don't have any decals tho' except the one on the front which isn't pretty!