1/3 scale Allis Chalmers tractor

Hey everone it has been a bit since I have started a project
Life gets complicated at times lol

I have started building a 1/3 scale farm tractor based on a 1950's allis chalmers model b

I have been taking a few pictures as I go and will post them as soon as I get my new laptop ( have been without one since sept and only had my phone )

It uses the axle from an old tiller ,the wheels from a snowblower, the grill is from a kitchen sink, the tank is from a bicycle kit and the rest is hand fabricated

Pictures soon
Rob

Ah man I have to see some pics of this. My Grandfather had a model b and when I picked up a mini bike a few weeks ago the guy had a model b. He tried selling it to me cause he seen how excited I got :smile:

Thanks guys a trip to Future shop after work and I have a brand new laptop

So as promised a few pictures

1950's Allis Chalmers model B

I started with the gearbox/axle from a roto tiller that I bought for the engine

Then I made a drive shaft tube from a 5" to 4" exhaust pipe with a drive shaft and flex coupler inside

The front frame rails are 1" square tube and I finaly found a use for another old doodle bug motor

Gas tank from a motorized bike kit

I guess I forgot to take pictures of the front end but it is diferent sizes of square tube and lots of bits from the scrap pile

the front tires are 2.50 x 4 and the rear is 4.00 x 8

The steering wheel I had to make from 1/4" round stock

The grill shell is a bit of a challenge with all the rounded curves so I had to section a kitchen sink 4 ways lol

The rear fenders are made from the opposite sides of a trailer fender , just have to infill the back side

That is as far as the build has progressed but it is starting to look like a tractor
As a size reference it is sitting on a 2' x 4' piece of plywood

A few other details I forgot to mention , the steering box is a right angle drill adapter and the seat pan is from a garden shovel with lots of heating and hammering the overall gear ratio is aprox 33 to 1

I picked up 4 more wheels the same as the front ones to build a farm wagon that will have a seat on it for driving

Played out in the shop for a bit after supper

Got the rear fender inner panels cut and welded

Then I grabbed an old shovel and started heating and hammering , it is close but needs a lot more shaping then a piece on round bar welded around the edge

I picked up some nickel silver brazing rods to try on the stainless steel sink\grill, as the bronze rods do not work as well as I hoped

I have a couple of new agri tread tires on the way too lol