$10-$15 cheaper billet flywheel alternative for Predators

interesting...

Advance timing 30 Degrees

Is it safe to assume that is built into the Flywheel so you can run a stock key like the ARC?

Daniel Coop

Most aftermarket cams call for 32°, so you'd probably want a 2° offset keyway when installing with an aftermarket cam. Not sure why 30° timing?
PVL clone flywheels are 28°
Slipstream flywheels are 30°
ARC billet (non adjustable) flywheels are 32°
Ambush Racing flywheels are 34°

CarPlayLB

That flywheel is for the Hemi only. Do they make one for the non-Hemi?
I believe all that they had left when they went out of business was the hemi wheel. ARC has the new "Speedway" wheels with less fins...less drag...and with FREE shipping is nearly the same price as the "cheaper" wheel
https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/arc-speedway-billet-flywheel-predator-212cc-non-hemi.html
The new 6695 billet flywheel from ARC Racing for the Predator 212 NON-Hemi has an ultra low drag fin design that will greatly reduce air drag on your racing engine, while still moving enough air for cooling. Less air drag on the flywheel means more power freed up throughout the power curve, especially on the top end. This flywheel is designed for oval track racing.

This flywheel will have the same basic set up as the 6619. Recommended timing for unrestricted engines is still 34-36 degrees. Recommended timing for plate engines is 36-38 degrees. This flywheel also has a minimum coil gap of .030 as all our other flywheels do, meaning DO NOT set the gap closer than .030. However we use much more gap than that. Our testing shows on most unrestricted and plate engines that a coil gap of .065-.075 worked the best. The magnets in our flywheels are very strong and opening up the coil gap will help reduce magnet drag as the magnet moves underneath the coil. This is yet another advantage to our flywheels that will help free up more power in these engines.
This new 6695 flywheel has more power making potential than any other approved flywheel on the market. Our test as well as testing from other reputable companies shows it will make around the same power with zero tape on the blower housing as the 6619 does with the blower housing fully taped up.
Timing is 32 degrees BTDC with stock key. Flywheel weight 3.4lbs

and I like dealing with companies that are STILL in business!

Daniel Coop

Eric, you're a true salesman... What's this "we" and "us" shit though?! Lol! You have a turd in your pocket or are you moonlighting for ARC now too? lmao! Nobody is questioning ARC's commitment to quality, safe, and reliable billet parts, but options and competition is good for this industry. I'd personally prefer the Ambush flywheel for any of my future Predator builds. It's nearly 1lb lighter, with 2° more timing than ARC's and has the low drag fins for the same price. I'll eat the shipping...
Hemi Billet Flywheel
Hemi Billet Flywheel

They, are still very much "in business"...

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

[MENTION=55384]Daniel Coop[/MENTION]
No turd in my pocket, but I will stump for the ARC guys any day of the week! No travel money needed!

That Ambush wheel is a nice piece, but aren't those fins going the wrong direction?:doah:

Daniel Coop

"That Ambush wheel is a nice piece, but aren't those fins going the wrong direction?"

I'd say not, for low drag... IDK about for cooling. Haven't tried one YET.

I'd personally prefer the Ambush flywheel for any of my future Predator builds. It's nearly 1lb lighter, with 2° more timing than ARC's and has the low drag fins for the same price. I'll eat the shipping...
Hemi Billet Flywheel
Hemi Billet Flywheel

They, are still very much "in business"...
Wow, I'm looking to get another Hemi to build.... don't have a project to put it on, but that isn't a reason not to build one...

I think I'm digging that Ambush Flywheel... 34 degree timing, low drag fins, and less rotating mass for $113.20 shipped to my door... what is the downside?

Daniel Coop

"I think I'm digging that Ambush Flywheel... 34 degree timing, low drag fins, and less rotating mass for $113.20 shipped to my door... what is the downside?"

I can't see one...:thumbsup:

Ambush makes a great product but 34° timing was a bit much on the motor I used one on ... But they also sell a very nice adjustable timing bracket with 3rd bearing support .. The slip stream is a rebranded raceseng wheel and if it holds true to their spec its 28° advance not 30

I'm running the slipstream. I will have to look at my notes to see what it degree'd at.

I will say the magnet seemed weaker, as I have to run a fairly tight gap.