100 Foot Drags in the Spring?

Well I haven’t run my drag byke in a couple years. I want to change that this year.
Is anyone else interested in racing?
Is the Leadfoot deal gone forever? Or is there any chance we can help to get that going again?
Any interest in trying to race at Gomas?

Tired of the byke sitting here doing nothing.

ugmold

It would be great to combine Gomas Minibike Swap Meet with the Drags, but obviously that's Andrews call. Someone said the road isn't in the best condition for such an Event.

Hey ugmold!

I know those guys were busting my balls a little about the road. And I get it.
But I have a fast byke and there’s no sense bringing it there if the road is too rough and the wheelie bar unloads the rear tire. Not even sure I could make a full pass there.
For stock-ish bykes it might be OK though.
The idea of pitching in to repave a section of the road has been brought up, I would definitely pitch in on that.
So maybe if we can get enough people to pitch in on that, it could become a reality?
Andrew seems totally willing to try and make something work

joshua. c.

the main reason leadfoot stopped is they are to picky about finding a spot for the unlimited class bikes even tho they were always the minority. most of the people attending could race on dirt if they had to. I miss those drags two. they held several a year, the location had a grate view and I liked the cook your own steak meal afterwards. win or loose it was always a grate time. its going to be hard to beat the old spot but If you want to start something up I'm in, just give me a time and place.

just a thought the mini bike throwdown group manages to hold an event at the Spencer MA fairgrounds every year during a swap meet that's held there. I believe there was quite a bit of good pavement there so it might be worth investigating. also you only need 100 feet by the lead foot rules so even someones long driveway could do the trick or an abandoned parking lot. I don't think they exhausted there possibility's by any means.

Well saying they are too picky I think is wrong.
that’s like saying Top Fuel dragsters are picky because they want to race on flat pavement.
drag racing is drag racing, it has been always traditionally been done on flat pavement.
also, the track is 100ft but the fast bikes need like another 100ft of shut down area.

great idea about Spencer though, I’ll see if I can contact them

Leadfoot was great but it just kept getting bigger and bigger and cops called too many times.
the owner of the yacht club was worried about their business and put a stop to it.
what pissed me off, is we were racing there before that old age home was even built.