100% Original 1971 Black Widow RUPP

IM new to the forum. I have a 1971 Black Widow, my Dad gave me when I was born (Im 48). ALL ORIGINAL as in the tires, spark plug, paint, decal BOTH fenders (one chrome one black)

Bike was babied for first 20 years, and sat in a heated basement. One start pull on the engine......has some tarnish on it, mild rustbut am reenergized to clean it up and show it off

Ultimately want to sell to get my son a car.

HELP! Any advice or interested parties.

Attachments

Leave the bike as it is. Only original once. If you do anything to the bike, the value would be a considerable loss. That being said, I am interested in the bike. What state are you located?.

Leave the bike as it is. Only original once. If you do anything to the bike, the value would be a considerable loss. That being said, I am interested in the bike. What state are you located?.
Upstate NY near UTICA

Someone offered $2500 as is sight unseen just off the pictures
That’s what made me realize how special it is

Ding Ding

That bike is very desirable, and with it being all original and such nice condition you should have no problem finding someone to pay top dollar for it.

cfh

Thank you for the engine number. Can you also take a picture of the other side of the engine, closest to the jackshaft? Basically showing the governor and throttle assembly (which won't be used since it has a Dellorto.) That would help authenticate the originality of the motor.

GustoGuy

IM new to the forum. I have a 1971 Black Widow, my Dad gave me when I was born (Im 48). ALL ORIGINAL as in the tires, spark plug, paint, decal BOTH fenders (one chrome one black)

Bike was babied for first 20 years, and sat in a heated basement. One start pull on the engine......has some tarnish on it, mild rustbut am reenergized to clean it up and show it off

Ultimately want to sell to get my son a car.

HELP! Any advice or interested parties.
Do you have the rear fender for the bike? I notice it is missing in the pictures.

GustoGuy

Yes I do. It’s black and removed it and the bracket when I was a kid as I just thought it looked off (being 2 colors)
a chrome rear fender on the Black Widow. The painted rear fenders were on the Roaster 2
Yes I do. It’s black and removed it and the bracket when I was a kid as I just thought it looked off (being 2 colors)
Did Rupp build Black Widow bikes with painted rear fenders? I thought all of the Black Widow bikes came with chrome rear fenders

cfh

black widows had a black rear fender. actually all the 1971-1975 models had painted rear fenders. in 1971/1972 you could get a chrome rear fender for any of the 12" bikes. In 1973 that option kind of went away because of the paint scheme (the front fender was no longer chrome, but was painted.) also in 1973 there was only the Roadster (all the other 12" models went away.)