12v Starter?

Does anyone know of a 12v starter that will work on an Hs50?
I see some of the big blocks have them.
Or did the Hs/HsK engines only come with the 110v starters?
Thanks for any help!

mustangfrank

Does anyone know of a 12v starter that will work on an Hs50?
I see some of the big blocks have them.
Or did the Hs/HsK engines only come with the 110v starters?
Thanks for any help!
Tecumseh 33607 is one part number for the HS. You're looking for the three hole mount starters, big blocks had four bolt mount.

Hopefully your block has the mounting bosses drilled and tapped and the shroud is unique to electric start.

Tecumseh 33607 is one part number for the HS. You're looking for the three hole mount starters, big blocks had four bolt mount.

Hopefully your block has the mounting bosses drilled and tapped and the shroud is unique to electric start.
Thanks for the helpful info!
I can drill and tap the bosses if necessary. Also have a junky shroud I can modify. I have a wide 1972 shroud with the cutout for the starter as well.
Thanks again I appreciate it

I was able to find a # 33607A starter. Hopefully the “A” in the part # isn’t a huge deal.
It looks exactly the same. I am thinking I will just use a basic universal solenoid for this.

Chatten63 was able to confirm that I have the right part #. Thanks Chatten63!
I looked at the mounting bosses and the lower ones are drilled but not tapped.

My starter came today, and it will fit the block, but it won’t engage the flywheel.
Do the starter engines come with a bigger diameter flywheel?
Thanks

Tapped the 2 bottom starter mounting holes and bolted it up. Tested out the starter and am happy to report that the motor spun right over.
So that is great news! Motor had no cam, no lifters, no head installed so not much resistance but the starter gear engaged and disengaged properly.