14cc head help

Double power, 6.5hp to 13hp. Triple the price. That's tricky. They did it based on a higher engine price. Now triple the price would be $300. $99x3=$297

Very cool article

I'm sorry nos but I don't get what you mean by "if you were to build a 212 like this with some of the improved parts today you could easily make a little more than double the power for triple the cost" so to get double the power if have to put 1500$ into it triple the price
No I mean these newer engines are bigger so getting to 14hp is easier than with a 196.
Newer cams and parts too.
Better stuff so its cheaper andd easier.

Astrowrench has been playing with carbs...
He has shown me some stuff of interest in emails.
But this carb is high on my radar now.
Something I have not seen before.

Pictures are always the best insight into a fellows train of thought.
But they never tell you the whole picture.

I have a 212 running 24lb valve springs , flat top Piston, 22mm mikuni, 1.1 ratio rockers with a .265 cam. And STOCK pushrods. I've also had zero issues other than it's top speed isn't fast enough. But it has Hella torque in lows and mids. Changing out the 14cc head for a predator 224. Fun fact : the int. And ex. ports on a 224 are bigger than the 212 hemi. I build my own engines and I'll tell you do as you want. It will go as fast as you want it to. Or I can make it. For anything to fail, you really just have to being doing the most. Or asking for it.

Li'l Popeye

I have a 212 running 24lb valve springs , flat top Piston, 22mm mikuni, 1.1 ratio rockers with a .265 cam. And STOCK pushrods. I've also had zero issues other than it's top speed isn't fast enough. But it has Hella torque in lows and mids. Changing out the 14cc head for a predator 224. Fun fact : the int. And ex. ports on a 224 are bigger than the 212 hemi. I build my own engines and I'll tell you do as you want. It will go as fast as you want it to. Or I can make it. For anything to fail, you really just have to being doing the most. Or asking for it.
Why the 24lb valve springs? Is that needed because of the other cam? With a stock cam I can rev my GX 160, with 18lb springs, to 6000-7000 rpm and I don't need more rpm. As the engine is designed to operate at 3600rpm, that's probably where the power is.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool. How much for you to make an engine that goes fast but not too fast? I think a .265 cam is way too big for what I'd want though. It's fast, but not fast enough for me but it might be fast enough for me with the right jetting. Name your price. I'm local and know what I've got. You said Hella, so I know you're a Cali Bro! I'm Bay Area East Bay. :fistbump:

SAS289

Why the 24lb valve springs? Is that needed because of the other cam? With a stock cam I can rev my GX 160, with 18lb springs, to 6000-7000 rpm and I don't need more rpm. As the engine is designed to operate at 3600rpm, that's probably where the power is.
They recommend heavier springs because of the lobe profile and expected higher RPM operation.

I wonder what the 18lb springs with the stock cam and rockers would look like on a dyno? And how this would work starting up a long fairly steep hill on the road at 7K RPM?

Minimichael

They recommend heavier springs because of the lobe profile and expected higher RPM operation.

I wonder what the 18lb springs with the stock cam and rockers would look like on a dyno? And how this would work starting up a long fairly steep hill on the road at 7K RPM?
SAS289, this helps me understand float like I hadn't before. Thank you!