18cc honda head or 14cc clone head

Ok guys I've built my drag bike with a 14cc clone head on it with 27mm intake and 24mm out. today I picked up a Honda 18cc head with 28mm intake and 25 out. what head would perform better and or give me the most power. this is a race bike only no joy riding. heres what else is in the motor. I know the Honda head is better obviously but would the 14cc make more power??

predator 212 69730
20 over arc rod
arc flywheel
head and side cover are studded
reinforced stock 1.1-1 rockers
chromoly pushrods
24mm flat slide mikuni
both heads have stainless valves and retainers
26# springs
black mamba cam
18cc head milled 50tho
14cc clone head milled 65tho

Last edited:
I did a little unshrouding but not like it needs to be done. I removed some of the material in the chamber between the valves and some around the valves them selves. I just figured with the 18cc head having bigger valves that might add a little bit more then the 14cc. but I got the 14cc for the higher compression and now I'm not sure wich one to use. what ever one I DONT use is going on my cruiser. lol

vwfan79

This is my opinion, and have both heads on motors currently. With that being said the 18cc being milled 50 takes it down to about a 14, mine is done 75 and I know that puts it at 12cc. The ports are better on the 18cc and the the bigger valves are gonna yield more power. With a 28 intake valve you could actually run a 26mm carb. You should get better power throughout the range with the 18cc. In my opinion the 14 head is milled to much, I never do my 14s any more then 30. If I was me I would run the 18 on the drag bike.

yea if I knew then what I know now I would have not bought that 14cc milled so much. it's on my nike now and it sure does thump pretty good but I haven't been able to make any passes because of good ol Michigan weather. lol but that's what I was thinking is the 18cc matched up with the new flat slide I bought. I also have a 22mm round slide but that will go on my cruiser. your head looks great. that's what my 14cc looks like all polished up. the 18cc I just bought came from N.R. well actually they both did.

vwfan79

Correct no 26 flat slide and yes 28 would be to big. The 24 should work good. You should have a nice motor with your listed modds.

you said 26. lol maybe you meant round slide or just something else your post above^^^^ either or I know what you mean. I've read some of your posts of parts in your bike youhave a nice setup as well. what kind of power you think I will be making with the flat slide and either head? just ballpark I'm thinking like 18

I planned on changing to a Honda block and crank before I went this far with my motor I didn't want to do it with a predator but it just kind of happened. oh well I hope it doesn't blow!!!

vwfan79

I did my first drag motor with a predator and it was fine, spun it 8300-8500 rpm every pass. It ran 10.89@ 63 in the 1/8. They are allowing mini bikes every super Saturday at Milan this year.

yea my dad was going to try and sponser some of it but ive been talkin to eric at studz and he met with the lady at Milan. my dad owns a custom exhaust shop in westland. we were trying to get that going there but to our surprise it was already happening. I live in Tecumseh wich is next door to Milan. we drag race there also.

Last edited:

vwfan79

I'm in the flint area so I go Lapeer and run their strip. I also do some street racing in Detroit. My main focus this year is the Riders Cup races at the velodrome in Detroit. You should make the trip up to ubly for the mini bike weekend at the track, one of the best events of the season.

Yea I go up there. Atleast the last 2 years. We were there last year in a monster dodge truck on some 37's this year we will have 8 to 10 bikes there. None of wich are real crazy but all nice looking bikes. Yea this year ill be in a brand new ram 2500 we have a black matco tent. Look for me.