1934 ToT Rod Roadster Coupe

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
So, A buddy of mine picks up this 34 Fiberglass Body go-kart

Chassis and Body , needs engine and work done.

So, He asks me.

Recycled 6.5 Clone that was used on a water pump.

Cables, Brake band, Re-locate pedals.

Added, Front & rear bumper, Chrome front fenders.

Made a choice on the short bar behind the driver. Added a " V " style windshield.

Getting headlights for the front, I've made pedestals for mounting.

Also Rear tail/brake lights. Just a L bracket to mount these. Battery pack to light them up.

Hood scoop is to be decided yet??

What ya think ?

Oh, an I might make a metal grill for this yet.

Did a little research on the net and the body seems to be made by " ToT Rods "

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Grill is in, Hand made and welded. Took brand new BBQ grills from a discount store.

Ripped them all apart, re-formed the 5/16 rod into the shape of the outer grill.

Once that was done I welded in the center rod, then used a 3/8" rod spacer to weld in the next one.

An the next, an the next, etc...

Once done, I cleaned and wire wheeled everything. Then painted with a bright silver paint.

If all goes well, photo's Wednesday.

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Thanks much guys, have to remember this is not my toy. So I'm stuck in the guidelines of what the owner wants to do ,
what I can talk him into and or out of :laugh:

He was thinking a ZZ Top stripe job, I said come on man, that's what everybody does, just like flames.

Now I got him thinking about side pipes OR 8 Cyl poppers out the side. Who knows, LOL

I can't wait for the lights to get here.

Really cool..how 'bout silver ghostflames..man i likes me some ghostflames on that coolish paint:thumbsup:..there i go dreaming is mine. :smile:

I say some graphics that look like louvers on the side

A ton of work but add louvered panels to it for actual louvers.

When I say add I mean cut and blend them in not pop riveted on like that set

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Not a bad idea at all but, this is his buggy for the kids. Even he said ( Lets see if He cracks it up first ) when I asked about paint.

Shortly after that comment, I put the bumpers on, LOL

Nice job thats a cool kart for sure the kids are going to love it. When i was little my brother and I wanted a body on the gokart so we made one out of wood sheeted in cardboard. It was really fun to ride in but came apart after a few weeks. Panels flying off as we went down the road. good times