1936 cushman portland find!

Ok I wanted to post pics of this sooner but I have been very busy working on a lot of things! I finally painted it and took some pics. I bought this bike in Portland Indiana, at the scooter show. I belive its a 1936 to 38 Cushman milk delivery? I belive it had a different seat and enclosed rear wheel. I really liked it when I got it and immediately started working on it when I got home! It will have a custom rear brake, 5hp Tecumseh or hs40? comet tav30, and white grips. Kenny is working on the white seat. The color is maui blue and really looks great! The wood is birch on the bottom and pine on top.

Last edited:
Dude! You rock! Its not the retro aqua & white I suggested, but I'm SO diggin it! Just bought Maui Blue yesterday for my Ruttman washer frame! Spot on with the wheels too! I get first ride at Portland next year; Cant wait to show Glenn a pic of it now! :laugh:

Bruceo

Now I'm up to 4 bikes i want to build. Thanks a lot..lol Great color and wood stain. Which motor you going to use?

I have a nice hs40 on it now, but just got a nice hs50 from Kenny, and also a 70's 3.5 Tecumseh? I am gonna use a tav30 so it really doesn't need a huge motor? especially with 4" wheels??

here are some more pics of the restoration, the last pic is what I belive it should have looked like?

Last edited:

markus

very creative, are you only going to be allowed to ride it with approved bowling shoes on? :thumbsup: the wood and the blue look great together:drool:

I did it the hard way and wire wheeled the whole thing! man that sucked! I need to find a local sandblaster who can do big frames! that would have made it so easy. I added the motor plate because the old motor was bolted to a piece of wood. I also cut off a lot of goofy crap I didn't need!

cxbra

Looks like "Maui Blue" is making its rounds! I painted my bicycle in that color a few weeks ago, it said "new color" on the can and it REALLY drew me in.:scooter::thumbsup: