1960 Go Kart Cycle Greenhorn Enduro

Addicted 2 Minis

As if I don't have enough irons in the fire already, I just got my 1960 Go Kart Cycle Greenhorn Enduro back from powder coating. I could hardly wait to finally apply the decal to the forks. The color is a little more bronze than I hoped for, I was going for a metallic silver/grey like they were originally. In fact that's what color I chose from prismatic powders ( PMB-4999 Grey Metallic ), I'm not too happy about that. Rich from Ragz-2-Rich's powder coating in Lapeer, MI did an outstanding job and had it done in two days!. @manchester1 will recognize the beautiful seat, now I have to get the wheels done and I'll almost be done, here's a little sneak peek.

1960_Go Kart Cycle_Greenhorn Enduro.jpg

Well , next time get them to do a sample or see if they had already done something in it, I never have worked out why powder coaters dont do a bit of scrap plate and keep samples.....???

None the less i actually love that kolor you have ...!!! I think it is awesome.......And it suits the era..... A sleeper 1960 chevrolet biscayne with a 396 would of been that kolor...!

I think the kolor is perfect....!

And what you may not know is the last series Flexo was actually done in that kolor...Maybe a tad darker....

And that seat is amazing, Manchester1 clearly takes pride in his work.... Stitching is perfect from what i can see in the photo....?
Do you still do them ? Manchester1?

Do you know who does the Frijole seats? Manchester1?

Addicted 2 Minis

Well , next time get them to do a sample or see if they had already done something in it, I never have worked out why powder coaters dont do a bit of scrap plate and keep samples.....???
He did have some samples of colors he had used before but he hasn't been doing it for very long so he didn't have any metallic grey. Here's the picture from Prismatic, pretty far from what I got if you ask me. The color is growing on me, I do like it, it's just not what I expected, Rich did go out of his way and put some metal flake in the clear coat to help it along.

grey-metallic-with-clear-vision-top-coat-3.jpg

That kolor you showed is actually like the kolor they have on the new indian scout engines, It is grey but with this tad glow of bronze....

I think the reason you did not like it at first is because of the seat..?? If it was a black seat it would completely change the entire look....

The red seat throw your off because of the red engine... I would be guessing , But you added the red engine first then sat the seat on and it throw you off ?

But its the seat that actually makes it all look period early 60's. The Marbel swirl compliments it....
Just my dimes worth.
I think your mistake was a blessing.....I dont think that dark look would of looked any good , The engine would of looked pink, the seat tones the engine down .....
None the less you have a greenhorn endura and i dont....!

So well done..!