1960s HOT SHOT MINI BIKE

Hey i have one of those too i got to of them from a guy that died and i am having a little problem though the two pulleys are to close to together or the belt is to short because when the chain is on it it is so tight the back wheel will not move:hang::sadcrying4::censure: so if you know anything about where i can get another one that is bigger please let me know oh and they were made in hamburg,Germany.

125ccCrazy

nope never seen one before that I can remember....

any idea what engine came on it? the brackets dont look like they will accomidate a typical MB engine unless there is a mounting plate that is missing? possibly those brackets had rubber isolators that the engine plate bolted to?

The Hotshot was built by the same company that built the bearcat and twister. I've heard they were built in Arizona and were used in racing. Their main competitor was the tote gote. Tote Gote had just built the 'singlejack' model and was winning all the races. This was twisters answer to the single jack. I was told the tank and fenders were all fiberglass.

Hey everybody, Well i was just googling HOTSHOT mini bikes and i came across this thread. WELL to crush all the mistery with these bikes my grandpa that is still alive came up with the design and manufactured these here in Mesa arizona. I have 4 of them and I am starting to restore them on behalf of my grandpa. So if anyone has any questions about these bike I can get an answer from the goats mouth lol feel free to e-mail me cdcustoms@live.com

I know the originator of the hot shot

Has anyone ever heard of these ?
Hey everybody, Well i was just googling HOTSHOT mini bikes and i came across this thread. WELL to crush all the mistery with these bikes my grandpa that is still alive came up with the design and manufactured these here in Mesa arizona. I have 4 of them and I am starting to restore them on behalf of my grandpa. So if anyone has any questions about these bike I can get an answer from the goats mouth lol feel free to e-mail me cdcustoms@live.com

delray

i seen that same kind of bike posted before. might have been at minidoodle.com or here couple years ago:shrug:cool bike:thumbsup:

loco

HotShot trail bike

If it is a genuine HotShot, it was manufactured in Phoenix, Az.
Original engines were a: 6hp or 8hp Briggs & Stratton, and a 230cc or 340cc Jlo
2 cycle snow mobile engine.

If it is a genuine HotShot, it was manufactured in Phoenix, Az.
Original engines were a: 6hp or 8hp Briggs & Stratton, and a 230cc or 340cc Jlo
2 cycle snow mobile engine.
That's what I was told, Mesa actually but Arizona for sure and not Germany like the one dude said. I found these gems in a barn in Oklahoma and bought em both. My tank is a Hap Jones metal unit and the fenders are also steel, the clutch cover is glass. I'm preserving it till I can decide what to do with it. The tank is in great shape with the usual rust but will clean up fine without sealing it, that's how good this one is.

Hot Shot info

More on Hot Shot bikes, the guy that originally designed them was Guy Wakefield, I never met him but I have owned no less than 6 or so. I currently have 4, one 8hp Briggs, one 340Jlo, one 292cc Arctic Cat Kawasaki, and one mini version that originally came with a 100cc Jlo. The company changed hands several times in Phoenix, the last person that owned the jigs for the frames was a guy name Dan, that owned Dans Trailbreaker Headquarters, he also sold the Rokon bikes. The inspiration behind them was to improve on the Twister Trail bike that had double jack shafts, going to one jack shaft was a huge improvement.

Last edited:

1stlegendtx

More on Hot Shot bikes, the guy that originally designed them was Guy Wakefield, I never met him but I have owned no less than 6 or so. I currently have 4, one 8hp Briggs, one 340Jlo, one 292cc Arctic Cat Kawasaki, and one mini version that originally came with a 100cc Jlo. The company changed hands several times in Phoenix, the last person that owned the jigs for the frames was a guy name Dan, that owned Dans Trailbreaker Headquarters, he also sold the Rokon bikes. The inspiration behind them was to improve on the Twister Trail bike that had double jack shafts, going to one jack shaft was a huge improvement.
If you want one there is one on here for sale at a great price if you like those.:thumbsup:

Bikerscum

More on Hot Shot bikes, the guy that originally designed them was Guy Wakefield, I never met him but I have owned no less than 6 or so. I currently have 4, one 8hp Briggs, one 340Jlo, one 292cc Arctic Cat Kawasaki, and one mini version that originally came with a 100cc Jlo.
Do yours have footpegs?

Welcome to the forum Richard! Its great to see more of these bikes. Wakefield did help design the twister, but as I understand it him and another fellow named Callahan or Calhoun started WaCal industries that built the hotshot for bearkat. I may be mistaken on this but anymore information you have would be appreciated. Were you involved in racing these bikes?