1960s HOT SHOT MINI BIKE

Torque converter is a salsbury 770 drive Clutch with an 8.5 inch driven unit with a 3/4 inch bore. The 8hp used a 1 inch straight bore clutch the 340 JLO uses a 30mm tapered bore. They also used 230 JLO s that ran a 25mm tapered bore. Belt size is 1 3/16 wide.

Twister Pictures

Here are a few more pictures, one is me in 1969 sitting on Dean Callahan's (owner of WaCal and the Hot Shot) green Hot Shot. the other two are of my twisters, the green one is a 6hp that was my fathers ride and the red one is a rare 5 hp (smaller frame made by Jim Tod specifically for my Mom).

Bob Tod told me his Dad only made a few for the wives apparently. My Mom ride this alot. My dad and his Dad were good friends so it makes sense.

The top tube bends up towards the headset in a different place. It's definitely got a lower seat height. If there's only 5 out there then it's a rare animal indeed!

More pictures would be great Joseph. I was wondering if the wheelbase or gearing is different. If you look at my post of the blue 5hp bike you can see it was listed in July of 2014. I'm sure it's long gone but you could try and track it down with the phone number. I hope it didn't find the scrap heap!

This is a 5hp motor in a regular Twister frame. Notice the space above and in front of motor.
Richard that is an interesting bike you posted. At first I thought it just had a small front tire (4.80-8 instead of 5.70-8) but at closer look I think it has a 12" rear wheel. I've seen two others like this and one of those was an old video of my uncle riding. It could have been factory or modified by the owners. We may never know but it's cool anyway!

Hello, i am looking for someone who has a tall frame Hot Shot with a Rockwell JLO 340 in it who would be willing to share some pictures, I have one and need to make the motor mount adapter.