1962 WaterMouse Hydro Kart score!

CaptNugget

:thumbsup::001_tt2:Found this sweet little hydro kart on Craigslist somewhat near me! I just couldn't pass it up! This thing is too neat! It has I'm told a 6.5 hp Briggs in it. Told me they came with 2 strokes and this is a replacement. It needs a throttle hooked up and a hood made for the engine but that's no biggie. Could use a fresh gel coat but looks decent. No titles for boat or trailer but still think I got an awesome deal at $500! These cant be that easy to come by in decent shape? I'm hoping to pull it behind one of my old trikes once the trike is titled and street ready, probably my Exalter Explorer (I'll attach a pic of that as well) I think it's possible and would be jus too cool.

CaptNugget

Neither did I! No it's not stock, it has I'm told a 6.5 Briggs engine and came stock with a 2 stroke, but it was always a mess inside I guess. He put that muffler on to make it loud which I think was a great move. I just had to have it! It came with (2)1960s Karting magazines with ads and articles in them. I can't wait to have it gone through, add a throttle and test it out!

CaptNugget

Thanks I seen it on eBay and had to have it (the trike). I broke down, bought it, and had it shipped from Pennsylvania to Illinois.
But back to the boat, got a chance to look at it today finally for a few minutes (didn't when I bought it, dude distracted me with his '69 Malibu drag car haha). It's not a Briggs motor it's a Honda GX190, which is alright. To run the original fuel tank I'd need to tap the motor and use a fuel pump as it's located below the motor. Not sure where I'm going to put the throttle as I JUST barely fit in it, definitely need a slim seat pad! Seen pics of it on the left hand side and I'm leaning toward that. I can't wait to get it goin! Gave me new desire to pursue titling the trike more too

MikeBear

You might want to build a cage around that prop, and/or make sure you never fall out! Of course, you also need a dead-mans throttle or keyswitch.

CaptNugget

It already has a kill switch hooked up so I'm cool with that. No building of a guard, keep it almost original , even tho it'd be nice so I wouldn't hit prop on anything haha. I think Ima reinforce with some more fiberglass and take it to the boat shop by me and have them redo gel coat and paint it up for me. :grind: