1963 Rupp dart

Does anyone have an air filter, exhaust, and carbonator cover for the really, really, really, rare, vintage 1961 Lauson/Teckumsee Two and One Quarter Horse Power Engine? I'd like to finish one up, and sell it for lots of money to someone with a 1961 Dart Fudge Cycle. And don't tell me it's not rare and super valuable. I have an emotional investment here. It's got a cool recoil and everything.

A couple of years ago went to see a bike ,when I got there the seller told me he had been contacted by a mini bike expert and the bike was valued at more the double the price and thats what he decided he now wanted.I asked him if the expert was going to pay that for it ,he said no was just giving him help full advice,wasted over two hours of my time.so thanks to the mini bike experts that think they know there value

A couple of years ago went to see a bike ,when I got there the seller told me he had been contacted by a mini bike expert and the bike was valued at more the double the price and thats what he decided he now wanted.I asked him if the expert was going to pay that for it ,he said no was just giving him help full advice,wasted over two hours of my time.so thanks to the mini bike experts that think they know there value
That is part of the problem with giving a value. It has happened to me a couple times.

minibikefever

WOW over a question about mini bikes, really boys and girls do we have to act like politicians???? well know that we all know there will be no prices,quotes or estimates given can we all get back to playing with our mini bikes... enjoy it's just for fun

This is literally what happens to 90% of the posts pertaining to values given. This is in no way an insult to the OP, just facts in my 13 years hear as a member and a MOD. If you want to buy and sell bikes and expect us to do the legwork I'll introduce you to my friend Google...;) Again, not implying that of the OP. It is the case 90% of the time though. I never understood why it matters how much a bike is worth if it really is for you? If I think I'm overpaying for something, I don't buy it. Do some research ahead of time, make sure you're comparing a bike that's on the same playing field such as originality, how complete it is and price.
Then we have the members who like to spout off about the "no value given rule" and why it's not allowed when all the while they are sending PM's to that person telling them what they think it's worth. :rolleyes:
The rules here are simple. If you want a shit show of replies and bad information, I recommend Minibike Nation on Facebook...:p

copyman

Wow! This thread will never end. All this for asking a question without knowing the rules about pricing. Hard to believe it would cause this much anger & grief. This isn't life or death it's mini bikes for Gods sake!

Hent said he my be shutting down this site because of crap like this and some personal stuff. Hope he doesn't do it but can't say I blame him if he has to deal with this crap! Sorry again for asking about price in OP.

copyman

Seriously for asking a question and getting jumped on! You got to be kidding. I think I handled it very well for being attacked the way I was. As a matter of fact I received several PM's from other members supporting me. I've done nothing wrong and not moving on. There has to have been more crap like this going and why hent wants to shut this site down. Don't blame me, blame yourself if this is how you treat new members.

I will ONLY ask questions about the rebuild I'm doing so not to get attacked again. No worries when my project is done I will move on. Please just avoid my posts. Most members here are great but there are always a few who's ego's get in the way and ruined it for everyone. It's really sad and feel sorry for their misery.

It ends here for me. I will not continue fighting on a min bike forum. This will be the last post in this thread and will not read anymore posts. My posts will be limited to the TEC & Vintage forums until I leave.

Wishing you the best of luck

sonerenos

Does anyone have an air filter, exhaust, and carbonator cover for the really, really, really, rare, vintage 1961 Lauson/Teckumsee Two and One Quarter Horse Power Engine? I'd like to finish one up, and sell it for lots of money to someone with a 1961 Dart Fudge Cycle. And don't tell me it's not rare and super valuable. I have an emotional investment here. It's got a cool recoil and everything.
TELL ME MORE...