1968 Sensation Go-Devil Model 104

$1250

I got this bike in 2001 from 2nd owner in great condition and did a makeover/restore in 2007.

Original sticker with serial number on the fuel tank from Sensation

Suitable for men, women, and children ages 7-99 with proper training.

Comet torque-a-verter TC-88 drive system, 3.5 Tecumseh, front and rear shocks, original seat -no rips or tears, new pirelli 2.5X10 tires, an NOS chrome headlight with high/low beam, tail light, everything works.

I purchased new headlight control, throttle, kill switch, grips, brake handles, cables, brake shoes, wheel and jackshaft bearings, TAV belt, etc,etc, and lighting coil from ruppparts.com. You name it, if it wasn't part of the frame, it was replaced. MAYBE 6 miles on the bike.

Last month I got rid of the Tecumseh POS carb and installed/tuned a new PZ-19. The bike runs as good as it ever will with the 3.5HP and has plenty of power/speed. Starts on 1st/2nd pull.

This was apparently stored inside it's whole life, as I didn't find any rust on the frame anywhere, beside chips, before having it prepped for paint.

This is an awesome mini considering it's lighted, full suspension, TAV drive.

It is a wonderful machine to drive, especially when it's dark...

The best part is, it has DOT approved tires and front/rear lights so you could actually put a plate on it and drive it on the road day or night.

One of the very few mini's available anywhere with these qualifications.

Do your homework. This is a very good deal.

PM me to buy/offer/ask.

No trades

Here's a video of the makeover.
YouTube - Sensation Go-Devil minibike 1968

Here's a video of when it was first finalized: It runs WAY better now.
YouTube - 1968 Sensation mfg Go-Devil Model 104 Minibike

$1250 OBO

Last edited:
It is a lot of money, did you see the part that says OBO? People are paying $300 for a worn out Ruttman that needs everything.
yeah... theres also a buttload of them that are nice as hell for 50 to 100 right around you too.. :shrug: Just because they WANT 300... doesn't mean they will ever sell them... :doah: You have a nice bike though... It's definately worth something.. minibike

It is a lot of money, did you see the part that says OBO? People are paying $300 for a worn out Ruttman that needs everything.
People aren't paying that much for ANY wore out anything, especially Ruttmans here around the Detroit area for sure. Hell they arent buying minis over 200 or more, unless its a Pack Mule or Tote or the like. They certainly arent paying 500, 750, 1000 or 1250 for a mini around here thats for sure.

yeah... theres also a buttload of them that are nice as hell for 50 to 100 right around you too.. :shrug: Just because they WANT 300... doesn't mean they will ever sell them... :doah: You have a nice bike though... It's definately worth something.. minibike
Agreed 100% :thumbsup:

See all you guys talkin John R Down now hes sellin it for 950! Just let him be! Itll sell eventually You never know! I work for a guy who loves minibikes and has some serious pocket change and I live and work in Michigan! Someone will buy it! for the price your askin! So I wouldnt lower it to much unless the money is really needed!

A Chrysler snow runner on 1800lastbid.com sold for 800.00 and there on CL all day for 500 so Michigan has money in its nooks and crannys! I agree the price is substantle for most peoples spending limits but its a nice bike with alot of work into it!

So good luck John R!:thumbsup:

See all you guys talkin John R Down now hes sellin it for 950! Just let him be! Itll sell eventually You never know! I work for a guy who loves minibikes and has some serious pocket change and I live and work in Michigan! Someone will buy it! for the price your askin! So I wouldnt lower it to much unless the money is really needed!

A Chrysler snow runner on 1800lastbid.com sold for 800.00 and there on CL all day for 500 so Michigan has money in its nooks and crannys! I agree the price is substantle for most peoples spending limits but its a nice bike with alot of work into it!

So good luck John R!:thumbsup:
Man, seriously dont even bring up the ebay or other auction site thing, I cant tell you how many times people overbid and dont pay. Just because an auction goes high doesnt mean the seller gets paid. It happens all the time. Why do you think alot of people dont bother selling on ebay anymore?

Second, show me all these(if you can find them) minis that sold for 1250, or even 1000 bucks. You will find VERY, VERY few. The majority of people arent looking to overspend on a mini bike, especially when for a grand you could pick up 4 nice minis and have just as much fun! John-R is looking for ebay pricing which seems to be the case here so put it on ebay! I have been involved in vintage snowmobiles for some years now and if I listed all my stuff at top ebay pricing id never sell much of anything. If I want that I list it and hope for the best. Reality is, this is a fishing attempt, to either see what somebody might pay or to find someone stupid enough to overpay for it. Its nothing about selling it for what it is and what its probably worth. This crazy pricing contributes to the destruction of another hobby that is(or was) a cheap thing anyone can afford. Happened to vintage snowmobiles, old cars and trucks ect ect. Then the attempt to justify the hefty price tag by downgrading people Ruttmans on Craigslist saying they are crap for 300 is a joke, there has been many Ruttmans in the 200-300 range all summer long that were nice! Its ok that he posted that, cause anyone who spends any time looking knows that was a BS statement. Sure there were a few idiots trying to sell their crap Ruttmans for hundreds more than what they were worth but the majority of them were priced correctly, were nice and sold easily. But hey Still-a-truckin, I always like to be proven wrong, Ive said this before, if you think this is such a good deal, buy it and resell it for the same price. If that can be done, Ill take back every word I said and say I was wrong! I would'nt buy it cause I know I couldnt sell it for that. This is something anyone should consider when buying something, can I sell it tomorrow for what I just paid.

John R, Im not knockin your mini, just dont agree with the price plain and simple and the comment about 300 dollar junk Ruttmans that just isnt true as there were alot of nice complete runnng ones for that price or less all summer long on Craigslist. Hey, I hope you can sell it for that price, I dont see it happening though.

There is an old saying...There is an @ss for every seat. You did a nice job on the bike. And I personally know the expense of restoring a bike...and it's not cheap. Good luck on the sale.:thumbsup:

GPXSR:

1) Here's a link to the cobbled up Ruttman that my riding buddy sold 3-4 weeks ago on CL Detroit for $300: POS.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/what/36299-what-model-ruttman.html

2) Thanks for hijacking my post. You can stop replying anytime.
What? So you found ONE? Big deal. Point is there were ALOT of NICE Ruttmans over the spring and summer and fall that sold on CL in the 200-300 range that weren't crap. Its obvious your in denial.

Again good luck...and your welcome :thumbsup:

george3

wow, bargain basement. thats a steal. did you bump your head? its alot of work restoreing these bikes. if someone dosent grab this deal there nuts.
offer expires Jan 05 2011, lol