1968 TACO 44 kickstand?

I came across this original taco kickstand today and put it on my 1968 Taco 44. The bike is leaning quite a bit. Is this normal for these original kickstands to lean the bike this much? Were the kickstands a standard size for all models and years?

Attachments

Hounddog

The length appears correct. It appears that your bike has had some previous repairs made? It appears that the kickstand frame mount has been rewelded in an incorrect position on the frame, thus causing the excessive lean. Your footpegs are too long as well as compared to a stock frame. Thats my guess?....

The length appears correct. It appears that your bike has had some previous repairs made? It appears that the kickstand frame mount has been rewelded in an incorrect position on the frame, thus causing the excessive lean. Your footpegs are too long as well as compared to a stock frame. Thats my guess?....
I kinda figured that…would you happen to know the original length and diameter of the original foot peg? Also, is the spring supposed to hook onto the engine mount hole or is there something like a tab that I am missing?

Hounddog

Yes the original footpegs are 1/2" by 2.5". Yes the spring can hook into the engine mount hole, or I have seen a small diameter hole drilled into the engine plate, or I have seen a small washer or tab with a hole attached to the engine mount bolt as well.....

sonerenos

I came across this original taco kickstand today and put it on my 1968 Taco 44. The bike is leaning quite a bit. Is this normal for these original kickstands to lean the bike this much? Were the kickstands a standard size for all models and years?

your kickstand is bent...

PM me if you want the correct stuff.

IMG_1164 (002).jpg

Yes the original footpegs are 1/2" by 2.5". Yes the spring can hook into the engine mount hole, or I have seen a small diameter hole drilled into the engine plate, or I have seen a small washer or tab with a hole attached to the engine mount bolt as well.....
Right on thanks for the info dog!

sonerenos

Do you happen to have a break/sprocket set up for 1968 taco 44? Also what’s that on the bottom left?
thats the brake cable clamp that attaches to the brake arm. the other items are a kickstand and the chain adjusters. all zinc plated like the original

ive just about sold out of these parts

thats the brake cable clamp that attaches to the brake arm. the other items are a kickstand and the chain adjusters. all zinc plated like the original

ive just about sold out of these parts
So let’s get this straight. You say you just sold out of these parts yet in another post a few hours later you brag about selling 3 sets in less than 8 hours? That’s $200 a set of the adjusters. That’s a total of 6 flat washers and 6 machine screws and less than 6” of wire to tack these together. For a profit of $590 dollars. Yet you claim these are cast!? I’m really confused? Keep an eye out to anybody that’s reading this, I will make these same adjusters not for $200 a set but for a fraction of the price because it’s not all about the money here. It’s about the culture.

sonerenos

So let’s get this straight. You say you just sold out of these parts yet in another post a few hours later you brag about selling 3 sets in less than 8 hours? That’s $200 a set of the adjusters. That’s a total of 6 flat washers and 6 machine screws and less than 6” of wire to tack these together. For a profit of $590 dollars. Yet you claim these are cast!? I’m really confused? Keep an eye out to anybody that’s reading this, I will make these same adjusters not for $200 a set but for a fraction of the price because it’s not all about the money here. It’s about the culture.

blah blah blah, i sold the pair for $100.00. same offer i gave you. like i said though if you feel confident enough to make them yourself, be my guest. the axle adjusters are not made of cast, no one said so. the kickstand is sand casted. your obviously very upset about not being able to afford the correct parts for your shotty bike, but thats not my place to say. i dont give special discounts to people who bash others in this community for putting obsolete parts on the market. the 2 others that did buy these last 3 sets yesterday were glad to have found the parts they needed to complete the build, and since they bought all 3 items they got a discounted offer, yet didnt bat an eye at my asking price.

i will be making another run of these parts, and i will guarantee you will not get your hands on anything i produce, or pay to have produced. im pretty selective who i deal with, but ill banter anyone who gets in my way.

ive said what i needed to say. you can continue this conversation with yourself. you've been BLACKED OUT KID.

blah blah blah, i sold the pair for $100.00. same offer i gave you. like i said though if you feel confident enough to make them yourself, be my guest. the axle adjusters are not made of cast, no one said so. the kickstand is sand casted. your obviously very upset about not being able to afford the correct parts for your shotty bike, but thats not my place to say. i dont give special discounts to people who bash others in this community for putting obsolete parts on the market. the 2 others that did buy these last 3 sets yesterday were glad to have found the parts they needed to complete the build, and since they bought all 3 items they got a discounted offer, yet didnt bat an eye at my asking price.

i will be making another run of these parts, and i will guarantee you will not get your hands on anything i produce, or pay to have produced. im pretty selective who i deal with, but ill banter anyone who gets in my way.

ive said what i needed to say. you can continue this conversation with yourself. you've been BLACKED OUT KID.
Hopefully one day we’ll meet in person instead of trying to talk behind a keyboard. I’m confident your demeanor will be different in person. See you soon bud!

sonerenos

Best way to get put in time out is to do what you just did. Spirited disagreements are one thing threats are another thing all together.
its ok, im the only one who can piss my my own bowl of cheerios. i remember when i first joined this hobby, i was offended left and right by some, but i didnt take it personal. these are bikes meant for children, never inteded to last the 50 years they have. it will not be the last person ill piss off while im here, unintentionally .