1969 cat 250x finished

Tjc007

I'm new to the site..so this is my first post. Just finished restoring my 1969 cat 250x. Built this exactly as the one I had as kid. Almost 40 yeras later and I still love these cat minibikes as much as I did when I was a kid..Personally I love the briggs flatheads. Now onto a Cat 350ss.

Attachments

FunWithStuff

Red to yellow must be the way to go with these Cats!
Funny thing is though if this is a 1969 250X it was actually green. All the adds and photos you find of them on this site show them as being green.
5fa900a0.jpg
I think he actually bought a 1970 or later model Cat because those 250X's were orange/reddish. He should be able to tell the year by looking at the serial number on the frame.

Funny thing is though if this is a 1969 250X it was actually green. All the adds and photos you find of them on this site show them as being green.
View attachment 287662
I think he actually bought a 1970 or later model Cat because those 250X's were orange/reddish. He should be able to tell the year by looking at the serial number on the frame.
Yup, there is some of the original green peeking out from under the red paint in the first picture.

FunWithStuff

Yup, there is some of the original green peeking out from under the red paint in the first picture.
Yeah it's hard to see from first glance. With it being painted a very similar color to the 1970-1975 250X models it made it hard to tell but it is definitely a 1969 250X.

Yeah it's hard to see from first glance. With it being painted a very similar color to the 1970-1975 250X models it made it hard to tell but it is definitely a 1969 250X.
Hey bud, I'm still trying to round up parts for my 1970 250x. When I get a chance, I'll "finally" start my own thread with pitchers and everything. Haha. Have a good one.