1969 Cat 300TT

45t

I'm thinning out my herd of Cat bikes (selling a few of them) in order to get something else that I have found. The first bike going up for sale is my 1969 300TT. I haven't had the bike that long but I have gone through it and made a nice vintage rider out of it. Here is a list of what I put on it.

New tubes & tires
NOS BSA peg rubbers
New seat, that I ended up rebuilding with new padding to make firmer.
Good running 1972 Briggs 3hp 5/8 shaft engine that runs good and has a nice patina to it.
New 5/8/35/11 tooth MT clutch
New 35 chain
New exhaust
Nice refirbished clutch guard

I tried to salvage, clean up and reuse most of the original hardware. What didn't survive, I just bought new. Paint is a rattle can, close to original color as I could find. It has imperfections that you can see up close (dryness, runs and areas that were not sanded good before paint). I'm not a painter, what can I say :shrug:. Wheel paint turned out good until I reassembled them, now they have some scratches. I didn't get to putting a kill switch on it but the engine is wired up for it. It has a drum brake that works very well (best stopping ability out of all my Cats). This bike is not a show piece or display bike, its a nice good running vintage rider. I build all my Cat bikes to be riders.

$350.00 obo
I prefer pick up, tearing down and shipping a bike isn't fun to do.

You can go to "view my photos" to see different stages of the 300TT's build.

Here are a few of the larger bikes in my collection to be coming up for sale (1974 Duster MX & 1971ish 400TS). I'll also sell all bikes as a package deal if there is anyone interested.

Last edited:

45t

300TT - $300 obo with engine or $200 obo as a roller

Duster - pending sale

400TS project bike- Still available as is or roller

45t

A few members have asked about the 400TS, so I've added a lil info for you.

The bike is a good project for someone. It runs with a 3hp briggs as it sits but can be purchased as a roller. The briggs hauls me fine, but the motor is undersized for the size of the bike. The engine plate has been repaired with another plate welded on top and all the holes filled that previous owners had drilled. The engine plate has a notch taken out to accomodate the chain, a 2" crack on the leading edge of the engine plate and the jack shaft set up is missing and so is one of the JS mounts (see pic, pen is pointing to where the jackshaft mount was removed). The engine plate and JS would need to be repaired/done if you restore it back to original.

The gas tank is for looks only unless you repair the nipple that the gas line connects to (missing nipple on tank). Seat is in good shape, just not original. Tires are 4.00-6 rear and 4.10X3.50X6 front and are matching tires in amazing shape. Blue paint may be original, but I primered the thin spots to keep it from getting surface rust. Wheels were repainted and have new tubes. Brake works but needs adjustment. Throttle set up is in good working order.

Its hard for me to part with this bike because it is one of my favorite bikes. Its a very unique Cat bike. Its larger than any of my other Cats (wider and taller). It has a stocky stance to it. The 400TS handle bars and forks are wider than any other Cat bike and it can accomodate a larger tire in the front than what is on it (I believe its suppose to have a 4.00-6 in the front too). The brochure photo shows how the bike is wide in the front and has a larger tire in the front. I enjoy it and its fun to ride even with needing what it needs to finish it.

$350 with motor or $250 as a roller. I don't like to ship bikes, but I will if I have to.

45t

300TT - Still available - $300 obo with engine or $200 obo as a roller

Duster - Sale Pending

400TS project bike- no longer available, thanks to all who expressed an interest :thumbsup: