1969 hs40 paint code and performance mods

Painted the tins with Rust-Oleum appliance lacquer and it's super bright white but min seeing alot that an off white I stri0ed the tins ànd block of all the old paint used automotive primer but I don't know if it's just to bright of a white haven't painted the block yet so be for I do would like some opinions.

Now on to the upgrades I was thinking a stock 20 over pistion I called acr an they said they were hoping to have the 5.5 oh Tecumseh rodsone by Friday then I wanted to run Briggs 18lb springs a copper head gasket and of course lap the vales and inspect them while there out. I'd love to get bigger valves and a 3angle valve job or a nice port and polish Im going to be removing the governor and running a 22mm mukuni slide carb being my hs40 didn't come with a carb.so why not give it a lil more kick. I bought a no's Tecumseh Tylor prod screw on. Muffler seems to flow berry unrestricted. Just ordered my 1/2" to 1/2 90 degree street elbow in black they didn't have it in silver so I'll probably send it to be chromed like the muffler is.

Now if anyone knows anymore tips and tricks to get this small block 1969 hs40 more bullet proof and free up some extra power any bit of info helps. I've read the hs40 hotrod build artical witch is were in getting most my ideas from I'd love to find a biker head and ride case but will never happen. I can't find any shops that dedicate to performance flat head Tecumseh engines at least not the hs40 from 1969.

One last thing what pistion should I go with if I do bore it it don't need it but I want this thing to be a lil outta of the box unlike most Tecumseh engines everyone has lots of aftermarket parts for flat head Briggs there has to be a shop or two that does vintage Tecumseh engines. So please help me get my lil my mint condition ru5man back on the road these it deserves an I can get this predator 6.5 off I'm not a fan of clone engines and thanks for adding me to group looks like you guys have a great group of ppl here

markus

Another day, another Identity….. be advised if your on Facebook this id is hot off the press and only a couple of days old….don’t help this tool bag and definitly don’t buy anything from them usually it’s a couple days of posts like this to get some credibility, then it’s off to the races with the parts sales! F4BF842F-4574-43D7-B49E-80BD29BFB36B.png 8044D0EF-3B79-46AE-9EC6-972AC549D3D7.png

Not an expert but the 22mm might be to big for a 4hp, I’m running the PZ16 on my 4 hp, and plan to run the same on my HS50 painted in Wimbledon white image.jpg image.jpg

So use a 26mm and you might hit 50mph, why handcuff yourself with only a 22mm !
Why are you handcuffing yourself with a 16mm? The stock carb on an HS40 is 20mm. By the way, all of my VM22's are 22mm. We've been using these carbs on these engines successfully for years, and documented that on here.

Why are you handcuffing yourself with a 16mm? The stock carb on an HS40 is 20mm. By the way, all of my VM22's are 22mm. We've been using these carbs on these engines successfully for years, and documented that on here.
I’m going by what cfh tech write up says about pz16 working out of the box as opposed to a 22mm needing jetting possibly to work on a stock 4hp. Sounds like the OP has a stock engine with plumbing fittings as exhaust, so that’s why I said maybe a 16mm, but clearly he can slap on a stock 22mm out of the box and it will work fine.