1969 lil indian rear jackshaft clutch

Hello gang and thanks for allowing me to post here . I have what I've been told is a lil Indian 7000 someone welded the rear clutch tight so its direct drive I'm looking to replace it and or the entire jackshaft if needed . I just want to be able to enjoy the bike and the 2nd speed any info on where to find a rear clutch allied says not available anymore.

Attachments

Mine was welded solid when I got my first one. I ground the welds off and it worked great! So try that first, and if that doesn't work contact me. I believe that I have a NOS one.

Mine was welded solid when I got my first one. I ground the welds off and it worked great! So try that first, and if that doesn't work contact me. I believe that I have a NOS one.
I will try that 1st thanks but for the sake of it how much for the one you have ??? 315-507-7900 joey

Agree to disassemble and try to salvage it. Is the bell welded to the shaft assembly? Couple of point to keep in mind. The shaft itself is hardened and ground. Surely save it. Secondly, if you take the clutch a part, the shoes have a small brass pin and small spring on them. It will fly out of there. Disassemble in a box if you can. Show us some pics once you get the assembly out and on a bench.
Regards,
Joe51

Allied doesn't sell them, but they are out there. I bought one from these people a few months ago but am not sure I'm going to put it on my Lil Indian. Max Torque sells the corresponding clutch as well. You'll have to cut the jackshaft down to the appropriate length. I may still use mine but if I do I'm going to adapt a band brake to the 2 speed clutch side. The bike is too fast for the crappy Lil Indian disc, and with the one way clutch on the low speed gear I don't think you would have any braking at all if you had a clutch brake on the engine side.

http://blackwidowmotorsports.net/_713845_universal_comet_2_speed_clutch_kit_.html

You can also find them on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/i/164148567570...gkb2awNhM8eKiWuWV2RQfk75is2zLteMaAlEUEALw_wcB

Agree to disassemble and try to salvage it. Is the bell welded to the shaft assembly? Couple of point to keep in mind. The shaft itself is hardened and ground. Surely save it. Secondly, if you take the clutch a part, the shoes have a small brass pin and small spring on them. It will fly out of there. Disassemble in a box if you can. Show us some pics once you get the assembly out and on a bench.
Regards,
Joe51
Are

For replacement parts, I think I've found the Comet 2 speed clutch shoes on ebay but I can't find the springs at all.

These look like the shoes in mine:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=262829267377

The springs aren't the normal centrifugal clutch springs that they share with Max Torque, or the springs used for the CVT's. Looks like a similar Comet clutch to the 2 speed clutch was used on some older chainsaws.

I got the 2 speed setup working on my Lil Indian, but I need to re-engineer a brake setup. I tried using a band around the 2 speed housing and it works terribly, may as well just throw my feet down instead.