1969 RUPP Banchi

Ok so my son and I have a Manco 250 build going that we are waiting on paint, so Dad needs his own bike. 1969 Rupp Banchi that was is really rough shape. My plan is to keep it as stock as possible. I don't have the original powerplant so instead of a 2.5 hp, I think I will be going with a 3.5 but badge it as a 2.5. I bought some old stock inventory a few months back and a Banchi guard was in there. I had it rechromed and I picked it up today. I need to remove the jackshaft tabs that someone added and a brake tab the someone welded on the other side to be able to correctly use the brake when the jackshaft setup was on it. Wheels and kickstand are being burnished by Sam (Cambo61). I bought a set of rechromed forks of Joe51. Karen already did a seat for a Rupp Chopper that was never finished so I will be using that since it's the same seat. I also placed and received an order from Black Widow. Should be fun!

Attachments

Had a chance to assemble the wheels today. Not sure why the photos are sideways. New service of Coker Trials. The chromed trim rings and nuts were a purchase from @Joe51. @cambo61 burnished the centers. I had an NOS 80 tooth (correct for this bike option on others) sprocket and bolts. I have a nice burnished backing plate and I will get a new actuator and castle nut. I have a nos return spring. The brake guts are also NOS. I'll take a shot later. Dropped the frame off at paint today. Took a while to grind off all of the extra stuff that was added to it over the years.

These are the areas I ground off the frame before paint. A chain tensioner that someone had added, the jackshaft mounts, a brake stop on the left side to accommodate the previous jackshaft set up and the old gas tank bolts.