1969 Rupp Roadster 2 speed slipping

my all original 69 roadster started to slip when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. i took it apart and installed a brand new Spag bearing and it worked perfect for about 3 months. Now it is slipping again. Can anyone guide me how to correct this once and for all?

Rupp 72

I've had the same problem. I just replaced my bearing on my TT500 but haven't rode it all but once since. I was told that having the chains as tight as possible helps but i can't attest to how much of a difference it makes. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Not sure if tight changes would make a difference or not. The 1st gear bearing support is hardened and ground material that the one way bearing rides on. It should be 1" in dia. The tolereance on this part is pretty critical for a good lock up of the 1st gear. What condition was this in? Also, how are the springs and shoes on the secondary clutch?
FYI.. I am in the process of rebuilding original secondary shoes. I have OEM clutch lining material, the adhesive used with correct brass rivets. Doing 2 sets now. Steel backing parts are out for re-plating. Using a NOS set as a guide.