1970 chopped up rupp

fistfullabar

so was gonna do a restore and have a lot of parts for that but after i rode my bros bike gonna do the same things but gonna put inserts and stretch the frame by one inch for the tecumseh then sleeve and gusset the swing arm mount and use a 12 mm bolt here is my starting point just wait for all my new orders to come in with parts feel free to p.m. me and or leave ideas or request for info no where i get certain parts :thumbsup:

fistfullabar

thanks tank thanks buck so i chopped and stretched the frame yesterday was a little scary to cut up a perfectly good rupp frame but its workin out great it looks good and lined up dead on i got 15/16inch tubing 6 inches long and 1 1/8 by 1inch and sleeved it up kept it lined up next up made a linkage to bolt on to the frame so i can run the pit bike swing arm so i can always use the stock rupp swing arm when i want to :thumbsup:

fistfullabar

ok so here i am so far got all going and stuff started fallin apart with 6.5 on there need to tighten stuff up and all it wants to do is wheelie :eek: but i like it:001_tt2:just dealing wit da bugs before i paint lessons learned :doah:

fistfullabar

Very unusual to have two gear reducing systems. That might explain your wheelie action.
not sure what you mean but please help me figure out my wheelie action i need some help i got the driven driving a 18 tooth sprocket to a 20 tooth to a 10 tooth and the final sprocket is 54 tooth gimme some input:scared::confused:

Its looking pretty good:thumbsup:. Changing the front wheel should help it a lil..but with a belt drive and that motor..the front will come up kinda easy no matter what.

have you try'd swapping the 18 tooth for the 20?54/10=5.4x(20/18=1.11)= 6:1 gear ratio without the tav (with a low gear of 2.7 or 3:1 depending on model). with the tav your start ratio is 16.2 or 18:1 respectively. swapping 18t for the 20t means the above equasion becomes 5.4x0.9=4.86:1 ratio so 13.1:1 or 14.56:1. might change it more than that to keep the nose down but a quick flop of your current gearing might get you there.