1970 Muskin TRI-CAT

IF I do make it to Windber it will only be because my kid has been helping me non stop for the last week....a lot of 10 hour days mixed in there.

I wanted him to have something nice to ride to reward his efforts so in between stints on the Spitler bike we did a quick mechanical resto on this all orignal 1970 Muskin Ti-Cat. Peekster spotted it on Ebay about 6 months ago $250 bucks and nobody bid on it :doah:

It was right in PA so I contacted the guy and cut a sweet deal on it.

Went over the mechanics of it front to back...all new cables and brake bands....new coil, points etc....rebuilt the carb....

Body rubbed out nice..the burnt orange metalflake is pure 60's.....new Kenny 8-Ball seat...

Peerless differential and 5 HP Briggs...Horstman TAV....dual rear brakes...this is a well made machine.

Hopefully it will be cruising the grounds at Windber come Saturday....

Last edited:
I never sold any of the Cat trikes but they always looked good with the glass bodies. This one looks like a very nice ride perfect for taking to a show and campground. Something to putt around on.
Steve :scooter:

Love it! Rode one just like it growing up at my Grandparent's house. I'd love to buy it to give my kids the same memories...that is if it's for sale.

I wish that Tri-Sport would of stuck to traditional fiberglass for their trike body's some might look as good as that after all these years. You can,t beat the 1970's metal flake and pin-striping. My 1974 Corsair VW was Gold Metal flake! I wonder where it is now?
Steve :scooter:

....Wish I had a Tri Cat.
Here is another one (Penny's Scat Tracker) that was at Windber...nice!

Should have pulled ours next to it for a picture.....obviously it's from the CAT/ Muskin family.....but I see some subtle differences in the bodies...:detective:

Last edited:
or maybe they evolved over time...

Here's an early ad that looks like mine:

and a later ad with the longer side skirts:

the fiberglass "neck" looks different on the front too ....it wraps around the down tube....:detective:

Last edited:
I was about to post that there were two body types. The one you have doesn't appear like the popular R8501 ads. It appears like the other. Like the ones the team used.

Does it still have it's "gold" sticker?

Very nice. Like it was mentioned earlier I wish Alsport made their bodies like this. Mine is in poor condition and in need of significant restoration. Great find at an incredible price.