1970 rupp roadster with 212 predator

very nice. Does the same belt fit from say the 5hp tec motor. I have a 1970 enduro I was consider put either my current predator into or maybe get an electric start lifan from home depot. Since my compression is so low on my tec and I think the carb needs replacing.

What clutches are those? Did you buy them in a kit or just get them separately? What belt did you use?
I have old Rupps and thought of the different clutches. I'd like to know all you can tell me about your set up.
Thanks

Danford1

What clutches are those? Did you buy them in a kit or just get them separately? What belt did you use?
I have old Rupps and thought of the different clutches. I'd like to know all you can tell me about your set up.
Thanks

Danford1

The clutch and pulley I odered sepertly from eBay for around 40$ each. The clutch was a 3/4" bore comet 20 series. The driver was a 5/8" bore 6" driven pulley. The belt I used is the comet 20 belt. To find the right belt you need to measure from center of the engine shaft to center of the jackshaft. Then you use that measurement and use a chart to find the right belt. I odered a cheap belt from Amazon for $14. My belt is a little loose so I might get a smaller one. I put one washer on the engine shaft to line up the clutch and pulley. Doing this aloud me to mount the engine without any drilling! The chain is #41. You can get a lot of parts like brake levers or drum brakes and such from blackwidowmotorsports.com I highly recommend them for rupps! The throttle for now is just a cheap little one from Amazon. I have a header pipe I got for $28 on eBay. I also have a jetted carb and "performance" air filter (which I'm going to get a 45 degree one). The gas line I got is 3/16" inner diameter. The engine bolt is a 5/16-24, the clutch sticks out a little bit so you're gonna need a longer bolt 1 1/2" to 2" should do it! The kill switch I got from eBay for $8 which just hooks up to the wiring on the predator. Let me know if you need anything else!!!

Last edited:
very nice. Does the same belt fit from say the 5hp tec motor. I have a 1970 enduro I was consider put either my current predator into or maybe get an electric start lifan from home depot. Since my compression is so low on my tec and I think the carb needs replacing.
The belt was a 3/4" comet 20. I had to get a new belt because the original one didn't fit. I'm not sure if it will fit the tec.

Thanks. I'll have to start an Ebay search. Can you remember who you got the clutches from on Ebay?
I know I'm not the only one with Rupps that could use new clutches. You are helping a lot of people out.

Thanks

Danford1

Another question.....with the engine slanted like that, how do you check the oil level? The back plug is almost impossible to get to, and the front is almost horizontal...:shrug:

Would an extension tube work on the back filler? If you could get it high enough to clear the driven pulley? Is there enough room?