1970 Rupp Scrambler

I have for sale a 1970 Rupp Scrambler that I was building as a rider for my kids that turned out too nice and too fast to let them ride.It has a 6hp ohv Tecumseh,governor is removed,and has a custom made carb leveling adaptor.New parts include the tires and tubes,all cables,all bearings,brake shoes,seat cover and cushion,decals,lift bar,chain......;frame was blasted and powdercoated,the chrome was blasted and painted with PPG base/clear.The drive clutch is a new Comet driver hooked up to the stock Rupp secondary with a new correct symmetrical belt.It also has a Black Widow straight pipe.This bike works very well and is very fast.Do not buy this bike for a young or novice rider.It will do over 40 mph.I've owned a Black Widow for over 25 yrs,this bike is faster than it(the Black Widow) was stock.While I would like to think it turned out well,I do not consider this to be a show bike.Do not buy it as such.Asking price is $1200;leave a reply on this site or e-mail me at jeffsautobody_06@yahoo.com Bike is located in central Pa. thanks

That thing is nice! After seeing this one, Im SO tempted to go the OHV route on my 71 Roadster2...You did an excellent job on it! Now im not sure if I should just go all origional with a flathead or just say screw it and go what you did and buy a new Tecumseh OHV and be done with it. :shrug:Decisions decisions :001_cool:

maddcarson

In my opinion the OHV Tec looks great on it. I never did really like the look of how the engines where slanted. The Powersport makes it look straight and clean looking.

thanks for all the positive feedback guys;in response to gpxsrxracer-the ohv Tecumseh doesn't bolt right in,frame and gas tank clearance are both issues.hope that helps.I went with this motor because I had it,and I couldn't justify doing a perfect restoration on a Scrambler.::smile:

thanks for all the positive feedback guys;in response to gpxsrxracer-the ohv Tecumseh doesn't bolt right in,frame and gas tank clearance are both issues.hope that helps.I went with this motor because I had it,and I couldn't justify doing a perfect restoration on a Scrambler.::smile:
Ill have to check into it. From what I understand, the 70 frames were slightly different and smaller and the 71 up were different/bigger, maybe they will bolt in easier on my 71?

I have one of those motors that runs like a top.. Yes 70 and 71 frames are slightly different.. They require the right chain guard to fit the frame.. But I am not sure how much bigger they are..

while the 70 and 71 frames are slightly different,all the dimensions that affect engine mounting are the same,;the 6hp ohv tec won't slide into a 71 up frame either.if you look closely at the pictures,the gas tank and mounts are modified,and some of the arch in the frame tube that the tank mounts to was removed.raising the tube allows for engine clearance but the the tank sits higher than the seat.hope the info helps:thumbsup: